Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

441 - 454 of 454 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
My driver's door seals leak in such a way that the door sill has a puddle of water after each rain. Take that to the next level, maybe the floor would get soaked too? The dealer claims they can't find the leak and that there is no service notice, but I've been reading about the door seal leak in the forum since the 2nd gen trucks came out in 2014 ... time for a new dealer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is this a/c draining issue from the factory or most likely from the hvac temp valve recall in October? I didn't get a recall notice about this ac issue so I assume it's from the **** job they did when they replaced the hvac valve. If so I pray for a 3rd issue from the same work because wouldn't that classify as a lemon law? I'd love to get rid of this truck and start over.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
My driver's door seals leak in such a way that the door sill has a puddle of water after each rain. Take that to the next level, maybe the floor would get soaked too? The dealer claims they can't find the leak and that there is no service notice, but I've been reading about the door seal leak in the forum since the 2nd gen trucks came out in 2014 ... time for a new dealer.
I think this is normal, the inner seal keeps out water but the outer just keeps out dirt. I think if you look at how it is set up you will see what I mean. The outer seal is even open at the bottom so it can drain water from the sill.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The dealer was finally able to find the problem. There was something, I believe the evaporator, that wasn't plumbed correctly and was leaking into the interior of the truck. The dealer was able to plumb it to its proper location and also replaced all of my carpeting. The way to tell if this is your problem is to feel around the transmission tunnel near the firewall. I was able to get my hand under the carpet there and it was soaked...that's when we knew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Water in my colorado

I purchased a New Trail Boss last month and last night we had some pretty heavy rainfall. I got in my truck this morning and was greeted by a dripping sound. I looked in the back and there was water dripping from my ceiling... Chevy, you better have an explanation come Friday morning... anyone else have this issue??

Attachments

·
Registered
5,016 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
As @RatRacer says, it could very well be coming from the back window. My suspicion is that it might also be coming from the cargo light at the back of the cab. Either way, I’d be trying to dry that interior soon, if you haven’t already.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I purchased a New Trail Boss last month and last night we had some pretty heavy rainfall. I got in my truck this morning and was greeted by a dripping sound. I looked in the back and there was water dripping from my ceiling... Chevy, you better have an explanation come Friday morning... anyone else have this issue??
That looks like the cargo/hi mount brake light leak. You will need a new headliner as the stain will never be like new.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Found this:
https://gm.oemdtc.com/2675/water-leaks-2015-2016-chevrolet-colorado-gmc-canyon#comment-6773

My truck didn't leak until now. Both A posts were gushing water onto the floor as soon as I backed out of the driveway this morning. I want to love this truck, I really do. But sadly, I cannot. So many quality issues that no dealer I've been to will make good on or fix properly and the customer care line is a complete joke. The woman actually told me that the issues are my fault and sorry but some trucks are just that way.
I will never, ever buy a GM product again. This was my 2nd GM and they both had quality issues.

Very sad that it has come to this. Water leaks???!!!! C'mon man.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased a new Crew Cab Colorado on 12/20. Opened the drivers side door on Christmas after some moderate rain the night before to find the entire drivers side floor soaked in water. Also, when I opened the door it seemed like a 1/2 gallon of water spilled out of the truck from the door and the rocker panel. I noticed all the weather striping was soaked. The rocker panels had puddles of water on them, and the bottom of the door seemed to be holding water....
Brought it to the dealer and they said it was missing part of the seal around the plastic shroud near the windshield wiper and the water was coming in through the fire wall? That didn't really make sense to me because I saw so much water come out when i opened the door. I thought the issue would be defective weather stripping.
I opened the drivers side door this morning after some light rain overnight and noticed water dump out from the rocker panel area again... This time the carpet doesn't seem wet though....Granted this was a light rain, I am concerned that the truck is still leaking.
I'm pissed that this brand new truck was basically filled with water. Who knows what kind of electrical issues this could lend itself to in the future if anything electrical was exposed to the moisture....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just purchased a new Crew Cab Colorado on 12/20. Opened the drivers side door on Christmas after some moderate rain the night before to find the entire drivers side floor soaked in water. Also, when I opened the door it seemed like a 1/2 gallon of water spilled out of the truck from the door and the rocker panel. I noticed all the weather striping was soaked. The rocker panels had puddles of water on them, and the bottom of the door seemed to be holding water....

Brought it to the dealer and they said it was missing part of the seal around the plastic shroud near the windshield wiper and the water was coming in through the fire wall? That didn't really make sense to me because I saw so much water come out when i opened the door. I thought the issue would be defective weather stripping.

I opened the drivers side door this morning after some light rain overnight and noticed water dump out from the rocker panel area again... This time the carpet doesn't seem wet though....Granted this was a light rain, I am concerned that the truck is still leaking.

I'm pissed that this brand new truck was basically filled with water. Who knows what kind of electrical issues this could lend itself to in the future if anything electrical was exposed to the moisture....
Thanks for your post. My 2019 Colorado work truck I’ve found the passenger floorboard wet. Possibly after car washing with pressure wand. Have put a tray in the floor during rain storms but no water was collected. Perhaps it’s the same issue, water creeping in from wiper housing. Will ask my dealer at next service. It’s still under warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had lights installed on the headache rack on one of the 2 2020 Colorado ZR2s that we purchased in April 2020. The installer noticed water run out when he removed the moulding to run the wires on the floor along the inside edge of the truck. We checked and the carpet is not wet, but the foam backing is soaked on the driver and passenger sides. I dropped it off at the dealer and they are suppose to let me know. We ordered both of these trucks for work and when we first picked them up, we had issues with the other one (not this one) and after having it into the dealer 3 times, we found out that they had to rebuild the top end of the motor when it first arrived, which they did without telling us. Image my surprise finding out that the reason I wasn’t able to pick up my new truck for two weeks after it arrived at the dealership, was because they were rebuilding the motor!!! Now this one has a mystery water leak. We have liked the drive and handling of these trucks, but I fear the quality is substandard. The next two trucks we ordered were Dodge Power Wagons. We have one now and the second one is on its way....we will see how we make out with those two. If they turn out to be a better quality, then we will switch out the Colorados. I am just glad we didn’t buy more than 2 of the Colorados to start with (they are a lot better on fuel than the Power Wagon though LOL). Very disappointed with Chevrolet to have done such a poor job of quality control on these cool little trucks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your post. My 2019 Colorado work truck I’ve found the passenger floorboard wet. Possibly after car washing with pressure wand. Have put a tray in the floor during rain storms but no water was collected. Perhaps it’s the same issue, water creeping in from wiper housing. Will ask my dealer at next service. It’s still under warranty.
Dealer kept the truck a long time. Put it through a shower system they have. Claimed the leak was from a door seal. I was skeptical but it hasn't occurred since they did the repair and also replaced the front floor carpeting (took over a week just to have the new carpets shipped from somewhere to them - at Christmas time no less). It's fixed,under warranty, no further leaking. Wish I had found this site and read about Colorados before committing to buy this guy though. Had friends urging me not to buy another Ford, when my 16 year old explorer had fatal electrical issue - but it never left me soaking wet over 16 years.

441 - 454 of 454 Posts