Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
421 - 440 of 454 Posts
I'm just hoping GM is quick to fix any potential "bugs" that may slip past quality control... I think they will.

To be honest, the last GM pickup I bought (ordered) new was in 2000... From what I see on the new ones, it looks like the quality is high on the new stuff. 'Soon as I heard a little diesel was available in a midsize p/u, I went right to the lots to check out the Colorado and I really like what I see.

I guess I'll add my truck to the list of leaking truck (2016 Canyon SLT). With mine, the passenger rear floor has been wet twice now. We've been getting a lot of rain here, so not sure yet if it's an AC condensation leak or water penetrating from the outside. I've checked the rear wall of the cab and not noticed anything wet there.

Guess it's off to the dealership with this one. Not happy about this at all. Don't have a warm fuzzy that this is going to be one that the dealership gets fixed without causing some other issue.

Oh and my steering wheel is squeaking again, so guess they can look at that for the second time while they have it.

Update on my end....

Turns out the leak was with the rear glass, though the dealer claims it was leaking at the driver's side even though the wet floor was on the passenger side. They pulled the glass and mentioned there was a pinched/scuffed seal. Not exactly sure if they just replaced the seal or replaced the seal + rear glass. Never got any paperwork when picking up the truck as the ticket was still open for other issues, described below.

In order to fix the rear glass, they apparently had to pull the entire bed off the truck. Seemed extreme, but it seems like the leak is fixed. We had a ton of rain here today and everything is dry so far (knock on wood).

The first bad news was that they scratched an interior trim panel while reassembling the truck. Additionally, they pointed out that the gas tank filler neck plastic shroud was all busted up. My guess is they actually broke this while pulling the bed (probably forgot to disconnect the shroud from the bed), but they didn't exactly own up to it. They did tell me they had both parts on order when I picked the truck up though. I'm guessing this is why they didn't have any paperwork for me as the ticket is still technically open.

Then things got worse. Went next door to gas up after picking up the truck, and immediately noticed a nice dent in my 3 week old hard folding tonneau cover. Drove it right back to the dealership to show it to them before they closed.

A little later, during the first wash since picking the truck up, the driver's side plastic roof trim popped completely loose from mid roof to the rear glass. I was able to reinstall it, but immediately noticed that the trim was bowed heavily and wouldn't lay flat. Another casualty from replacing the glass I guess.

So if anybody is keeping score...
Fixed = rear glass water leak (so far)
Broken while at dealership = scratched interior panel, broken gas tank filler neck shroud, dented tonneau cover, and plastic roof trim piece seems damaged

The interior panel and filler neck shroud are on order supposedly, so that's good. It seems like they are going to replace the dented tonneau, though that's not officially been confirmed. No word yet on the roof trim as they have only seen the pic I sent them.

I know sh$% happens, and the dealer seems to be taking strides to make things right (or at least fix what they broke), but this has been painful to say the least. It's been over 3 weeks since I first reported the water leak, and I still have to take the truck in to get the remaining issues fixed that were caused/broken while the truck was at the dealer. My confidence in GMC service is quickly eroding considering I've had two serious issues with the truck and it barely has 2000 miles on the clock.

I've been through it all with the water leaks, had 2 if anyone reads the threads. I know it's a nightmare, but they did fix mine and I haven't looked back. Hang in there, it really is a sweet truck. I just hate it for you like me, that the truck bond hasn't even formed and then bam, something goes wrong and it makes all of us who have these problems to hate the truck. I was at the point of trading it until I took a step back and was reminded that I bought it for a reason. 10k later and not a drop, I think it's finally safe to install my audio now!

Don't get me wrong, I really like the truck. Just really frustrated by this issue and losing confidence in the ability of the dealer to fix it. Where were your two leaks? In the same spot or two different areas?

We got hammered with some bad storms and lots of rain overnight. Figured I would check the floors before heading into work this morning, and sadly there was water again on the right rear floor. Not nearly as bad as the original leak, but still some damp spots. If I tried to stick my fingers under the plastic trim between the carpet and bottom door sill, it was really wet in there. So I'm starting to wonder if it is getting in around the lower door somewhere.

Got word from them tonight that they are ordering a replacement tonneau cover, so I guess that's a plus. Sadly, I don't even want/trust them to install it and will probably tell them to just let me take it home and I'll do it myself.

Keeps....getting....worse. Pulled the rear driver side seat down yesterday to lay it flat and load some cargo and there was beaded water on the back of the seat upholstery. There was also water running down the rear wall of the cab (over the plastic). Looked up in dismay to now see a nice giant water stain on the headliner near the back left corner of the cab.

Looks like a giant swing and a miss for the dealership on this one. Truck will be going back in this week as I'm really starting to lose my patience with this. I fully believe the dealership actually made this water leak even worse than when I initially brought the truck into them.

I've got a really bad feeling about this. Very glad I started documenting this saga a few weeks back...something tells me I'm going to need it.

Keeps....getting....worse. Pulled the rear driver side seat down yesterday to lay it flat and load some cargo and there was beaded water on the back of the seat upholstery. There was also water running down the rear wall of the cab (over the plastic). Looked up in dismay to now see a nice giant water stain on the headliner near the back left corner of the cab.

Looks like a giant swing and a miss for the dealership on this one. Truck will be going back in this week as I'm really starting to lose my patience with this. I fully believe the dealership actually made this water leak even worse than when I initially brought the truck into them.

I've got a really bad feeling about this. Very glad I started documenting this saga a few weeks back...something tells me I'm going to need it.
:surprise:probably need to call corporate as that dealer needs some direction, where are the GM customer service bots on this one?

Crickets chirping…………………

Hello,

this is my first post here I'm new to this forum but have been a member of Camaro 5 for over 5 years so not new to how this works.

I just noticed this weekend a pool of water on my drivers side floor and came here looking to see if it is a common problem or isolated. looks like I am not the only one with this problem. :shock:

It looks like my first thing to do is set up an appointment with my dealer.

but I do have questions should they have to replace the carpet? I am concerned with mold/mildew? Is there anything under the drivers side carpet that could be harmed? what other things should I worry about in relation to water on floor?

thanks for your help.

Update

Well it has taken a while but it looks like the problem has been fixed! no thanks to the dealer i bought the truck from!!!!! they were not interested in helping me out in any way!!! I took the truck to another dealer and they were great at helping me!

The first time I took it there they sealed a weld that needed to be fixed (TSB) a few days later I noticed more water on the floor! back to the dealer and sure enough the AC condensate line had come loose from the drain line, reconnected it and sealed it up. looks like it worked.

When checking my carpet to see if there was any water , I noticed the padding sounded like a sponge full of water but carpet was dry. I pulled back the carpet and sure enough the backing was soaked!!! I called GM customer service expecting to get told they would not replace carpet and that it will dry up. BUT NO! the representative I was talking with totally agreed with me in that the carpet and backing should be replaced!! :shock: She connected me with the dealer to set up an appointment and she set up a case number with GM! WOW what kind if service is this? is GM stepping up there customer service?!!

All the work has been finished and my carpet and backing are DRY! BIG THANK YOU to GM customer service and the service department at Burdick Chevrolet here in CNY!!

GM has restored my confidence in there customer support!

Noticed some water on my driver side door sill a day after some heavy rain. Made an appointment with dealership, they set me up for a Wednesday, the day the 'water expert' would be there - that was a little concerning. LOL. Anyway, brought it in, the water doctor found some leak points. Resealed the windshield, drip rails, and roof seams. Hopefully that's the end of it. I have to say I am happy that they found something and didn't blow it off. We're expecting a lot of rain the next 2 days so I'll know quickly if all is good.

Noticed some water on my driver side door sill a day after some heavy rain. Made an appointment with dealership, they set me up for a Wednesday, the day the 'water expert' would be there - that was a little concerning. LOL. Anyway, brought it in, the water doctor found some leak points. Resealed the windshield, drip rails, and roof seams. Hopefully that's the end of it. I have to say I am happy that they found something and didn't blow it off. We're expecting a lot of rain the next 2 days so I'll know quickly if all is good.
LOL! Now thats funny.

I went to dealership to fix this problem, and I thought they did. As I was packing for camping trip last weekend I noticed pooled water and a gross mildew/mold smell under my driver's seat.

Now I am trying to make another appointment with the dealership to fix. I told them that I expect new carpet/flooring/foam/wiring, etc. in the entire water-affected area, but have not heard back since. Hopefully the dealership will go to bat for me...hopefully.

Ugh...it seems that this wasn't fixed with the 2017. I thought it was just the heavy rain, but after washing the truck and rinsing, there was a definite difference between the water that came out the drivers side vs passengers side front doors.

So far I haven't noticed any wet carpet, but a slight discolored spot about the size of a quarter.

My truck has been to the dealership 3-4 times for this (so many times I have lost count).

The last time they sucked/dried ~1/2 gallon of standing water that was pooled under my driver's seat, but also said that they could find no leak. They also told me that the carpet and foam are plastic, that the wires are insulated, and that the floor is painted metal...so there won't be any ongoing issues with mold/mildew/rust/corrosion. That visit the truck was there for 2 weeks.

I have had the truck home for a week AND THERE'S STILL A GOD DAMN LEAK!!!!!

My truck has been in the shop for over a month (cumulative) over this. Only 1 of my 3 or 4 visits have they found anything they think could be causing the leak, and they are telling me it isn't leaking despite a 1/2 gallon of stagnant/moldy water pooled under my seat. Seriously, WTF?

I am so exasperated by this I do not know what to do. For anyone who has contacted GM Customer Service, how did you contact them? If the dealer can't fix it then it's time for GM to come through. Any help steering me in the right direction is appreciated.

My truck has been to the dealership 3-4 times for this (so many times I have lost count).

The last time they sucked/dried ~1/2 gallon of standing water that was pooled under my driver's seat, but also said that they could find no leak. They also told me that the carpet and foam are plastic, that the wires are insulated, and that the floor is painted metal...so there won't be any ongoing issues with mold/mildew/rust/corrosion. That visit the truck was there for 2 weeks.

I have had the truck home for a week AND THERE'S STILL A GOD DAMN LEAK!!!!!

My truck has been in the shop for over a month (cumulative) over this. Only 1 of my 3 or 4 visits have they found anything they think could be causing the leak, and they are telling me it isn't leaking despite a 1/2 gallon of stagnant/moldy water pooled under my seat. Seriously, WTF?

I am so exasperated by this I do not know what to do. For anyone who has contacted GM Customer Service, how did you contact them? If the dealer can't fix it then it's time for GM to come through. Any help steering me in the right direction is appreciated.
Any update or luck with GM?

Losing my mind with this truck

I went to vacuum my carpets the other day and when I lifted the chevy floor liner on my driver side floor the carpet was soaked. It also reached the rear driver side floor too. I used a shopvac to soak up the wetness and it sucked up a considerable amount. I can't even list all the issues I had with this truck. It's a 2016 crew cab z71 and I regret buying it. My local dealer hasn't been that helpful with the issues in the past and I have doubts they will be helpful with this issue.

I soaked up the wetness because I already know what it's from. I had the hvac valve replaced from a recall in October of last year. I knew this would come back to haunt me. I already tried to figure out a noise that wasn't there prior to them fixing it but of course the dealer says it's nothing but I digress so onto the wet carpet. Once I soaked it up I wanted 2 days before running the ac and the floor stayed dry. After running it now it's soaked again. God only knows the damage, mildew that's under there.

Anyone have any ideas cause I would love to dump this lemon but I will take too big of a hit financially. I love the truck if it wasn't such a headache. Any insight or advice is appreciated, thanks.

I went to vacuum my carpets the other day and when I lifted the chevy floor liner on my driver side floor the carpet was soaked. It also reached the rear driver side floor too. I used a shopvac to soak up the wetness and it sucked up a considerable amount. I can't even list all the issues I had with this truck. It's a 2016 crew cab z71 and I regret buying it. My local dealer hasn't been that helpful with the issues in the past and I have doubts they will be helpful with this issue.

I soaked up the wetness because I already know what it's from. I had the hvac valve replaced from a recall in October of last year. I knew this would come back to haunt me. I already tried to figure out a noise that wasn't there prior to them fixing it but of course the dealer says it's nothing but I digress so onto the wet carpet. Once I soaked it up I wanted 2 days before running the ac and the floor stayed dry. After running it now it's soaked again. God only knows the damage, mildew that's under there.

Anyone have any ideas cause I would love to dump this lemon but I will take too big of a hit financially. I love the truck if it wasn't such a headache. Any insight or advice is appreciated, thanks.
Ideas on what?
Trading your truck, or about the possibility that your a/c condensation is draining inside your truck?

421 - 440 of 454 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.