Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1161 - 1180 of 1197 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I wonder if the market is just too small? They've produced that product for other engine families that have come out since the baby Dmax has hit the market.

·
Registered
2018 zr2 ccsb duramax
303 Posts
There was talk of the 2.8 going away although not true as of yet. Perhaps this nudged them into pulling funding for the r and d of this product line.

·
Registered
6 Posts
like CndRado and D'Amico I have the HDD tune on my 2016 here in North Florida. Now over 1500 miles on it with no issues. Like a new truck ! Was my first time tuning and if I can do it, anyone handy with a wrench can.

·
Registered
2018 zr2 ccsb duramax
303 Posts
We will have another hdd tune on here soon. Coaching another member though it via pm over the last couple weeks. He’s working on it!
won’t blow up his spot as I’m sure he will chime in with his thoughts when he is ready.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, I just wrapped up the HDD tune and Jbomb001 was a huge help with all my questions. So far it’s great, but I only have a few miles on it. I definitely enjoy being able to hear the turbo and the exhaust note isn’t too loud for a daily driver. The tuning process isn’t too bad and I would recommend it to anyone on the fence about it. We’ll see what kind of fuel economy gains I see after I get some miles on it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’m hoping to pull the trigger and order one around New Years. Have had an exhaust for the truck sitting in the kitchen for almost a year now. With their tune is it like the duramaxtuner where you need a laptop to send stock files or can you just send in the vin and have it uploaded to the autocal? I just got a laptop today windows based and downloaded efilive.

·
Registered
2018 zr2 ccsb duramax
303 Posts
Little different. They send you the tune file and you tune the truck using the pass through method. You hook tuner to truck and laptop to tuner at same time. Then use laptop to push the tunes to the truck through the autocal v3

·
Registered
2018 zr2 ccsb duramax
303 Posts
After unlocking the ecm of course via some wizardry and an extra 50 bucks to efi live lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
After unlocking the ecm of course via some wizardry and an extra 50 bucks to efi live lol
Perfect. I got a deal on a new surface pro and hoped efilive was compatible with it. Hoping to be good to go. Haven’t had any need for a computer/laptop which seems weird this day in age. Especially being almost 40. 🤣

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I just wrapped up the HDD tune and Jbomb001 was a huge help with all my questions. So far it’s great, but I only have a few miles on it. I definitely enjoy being able to hear the turbo and the exhaust note isn’t too loud for a daily driver. The tuning process isn’t too bad and I would recommend it to anyone on the fence about it. We’ll see what kind of fuel economy gains I see after I get some miles on it.
i'm getting 1-5mpg better, pretty much what HDD claimed. I think if I kept my speed from 45-60mph I could get 35-40+ over flat NW FL/S Alabama roads.....

·
Registered
2018 zr2 ccsb duramax
303 Posts
Yea I gained about 2 or so mpg. It’s amazing how the mpg really dies off after 65mph at 55/60 I can get 33 ish and at 70/75 I’m at like 24 25mpg..
Got a greater gains in the < 55mph range. If I reset my trip and just run around town I’ll see 35 mpg all day. I believe this is from the trans tune getting into higher gear sooner.

·
Premium Member
2018 Colorado ZR2
92 Posts
Just received my HD trans/delete tune. Any advice before I break into this tomorrow? Where did you hit roadblocks. Do I actually need to lower the trans brace to get the old exhaust out or did you guys use another method. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 zr2 ccsb duramax
303 Posts
Support the trans and drop the x member. Other then cutting the pipe there is no way you will get it out

·
Registered
2018 zr2 ccsb duramax
303 Posts
Start at the rear and work to the turbo. Unhook sensors along the way. Have a piece of hose for the dpf pressure sensor. To use to bridge the sensor. Pull the ecm off the fire wall to bring the stock down pipe out through the engine bay. Also have to remove inner fender well and coolant reservoir. No need to unwire the ECM or remove hoses from reservoir just fold out of the way. Go out right now and spray sensors and bolts with penetrating oil.

·
Registered
2018 zr2 ccsb duramax
303 Posts
Legal no. Emissions intact yes

·
Premium Member
2018 Colorado ZR2
92 Posts
Start at the rear and work to the turbo. Unhook sensors along the way. Have a piece of hose for the dpf pressure sensor. To use to bridge the sensor. Pull the ecm off the fire wall to bring the stock down pipe out through the engine bay. Also have to remove inner fender well and coolant reservoir. No need to unwire the ECM or remove hoses from reservoir just fold out of the way. Go out right now and spray sensors and bolts with penetrating oil.
Thanks Jbomb. This was more or less my plan but I was going to unwire the ECM lol. Thanks for the save.

1161 - 1180 of 1197 Posts