Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1141 - 1160 of 1197 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Stupid DEF and GM Emissions crap !!! :mad::mad::mad:

TB
All the more reason to do the tune/delete and get rid of it all together!

I finally figured out the cold start issue I thought I was having...it was only happening on cold starts when the temperature was below zero. Realized it was my diesel fuel starting to gel since it was only happening at the end/beginning winter. Likely before fuel stations are adding winter additive. Some power service additive seems to have done the trick

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Has anyone tried the motorops tune for the 2019s yet? I tried messaging them a long time ago and never got a response. It says that they offer the dp4 tune for the 2019s also, but I didn’t know you could run that on the 19s yet.

·
Registered
436 Posts
@GreenDiesel - I was checking out your tune for the 2017, the HP and torque are up a ton over stock. Is there any risk of breaking parts (motor, turbo or transmission), or overheating of any kind when towing (oil, coolant or transmission)?

·
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
277 Posts
@GreenDiesel - I was checking out your tune for the 2017, the HP and torque are up a ton over stock. Is there any risk of breaking parts (motor, turbo or transmission), or overheating of any kind when towing (oil, coolant or transmission)?
We have not had any failures with or without towing. The ecm will derate the engine output if GM thermal limits are reached for coolant, oil and exhaust temps. Feel free to run the vehicle as hard as you want.

·
Registered
486 Posts
We have not had any failures with our without towing. The ecm will derate the engine output if GM thermal limits are reached for coolant, oil and exhaust temps. Feel free to run the vehicle as hard as you want.
Did we figure out the reason for these failures?

·
Registered
407 Posts
We have not had any failures with our without towing. The ecm will derate the engine output if GM thermal limits are reached for coolant, oil and exhaust temps. Feel free to run the vehicle as hard as you want.
Do you have plans to support any other new platforms?

·
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
277 Posts
Did we figure out the reason for these failures?

Not sure if the owners of the vehicles pursued the root cause with GM on those engine issues. GM had some material quality issues during the first couple model years.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Not sure if the owners of the vehicles pursued the root cause with GM on those engine issues. GM had some material quality issues during the first couple model years.
What years have material quality issues? I know one of those failures was in a 2018...

Reactions: Opusnbill7

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon
141 Posts
What years have material quality issues? I know one of those failures was in a 2018...
I may be wrong, but my understanding is that there were some early engines that had wrist pin failures causing them to throw rods. Most of the other failures I know about were related to stuck injectors blasting a hole in the piston, which I'm hoping can be alleviated by using fuel additives (I'm running Optilube) to improve lubricity and clean deposits from the delicate injector internals. There have also been a handful of blown head gaskets, usually at higher mileage (150k+).

I really hope the 2018s don't have the material quality issues, I'd like to keep this thing a while and tune it at some point.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The few injector failures I've read about were not on high mileage trucks, making me think the problem was a weakness/flaw with the specific injector as opposed to something that can be fixed with a fuel additive. When you manufacture a million of anything, there will be some duds despite the best efforts to QA everything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone here use HD Diesel Supply here in Canada?

I know they will sell tunes to American customers. They have a DPF delete tune that also turns off the EGR and DEF fluid but requires a new exhaust (which they sell) or cutting out the DPF filter.

Im looking to pull the trigger on them here shortly. Tune is $1200 CDN & exhaust is $400 CDN. Just havent read anything about them on the forums. Im steering clear of Motor Ops after everything Ive read about them.

I purchased and installed a Canyon 2019 Delete kit from HD diesel, ECU and transmission tune with exhaust 2200+/-$,
So far extremely happy with the product, exhaust they sell you is a "flow-pro" bolts right on to truck no problems, mechanical was about 2 hours and tuning was about 30 min, huge difference in the truck,

Canyon Denali 2019 103000km stock
And 3000km since tune,

·
Registered
56 Posts
I purchased and installed a Canyon 2019 Delete kit from HD diesel, ECU and transmission tune with exhaust 2200+/-$,
So far extremely happy with the product, exhaust they sell you is a "flow-pro" bolts right on to truck no problems, mechanical was about 2 hours and tuning was about 30 min, huge difference in the truck,

Canyon Denali 2019 103000km stock
And 3000km since tune,
Ya Ive had mine installed for about 15,000km now and 0 issues. I absolutely love it.

·
Registered
2018 zr2 ccsb duramax
294 Posts
I’m still enjoying my hd tune!
3000 mile so far

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cam at LS is closed on weekends. He is also a small shop and stays busy. He gives excellent customer service and his two tunes were spot on with what I needed. One for daily driving and one for towing my 5500# toy hauler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven’t had the same experience, atleast with the tunes, my truck ran great for the first 2 days. Now the turbo surges and i lose lower. Ill be contacting him today. He has always been good to respond, but im kind of losing trust being that i cant drive my truck at all now.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I haven’t had the same experience, atleast with the tunes, my truck ran great for the first 2 days. Now the turbo surges and i lose lower. Ill be contacting him today. He has always been good to respond, but im kind of losing trust being that i cant drive my truck at all now.
Sorry to hear that. I haven’t had any problems in about 3500 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1141 - 1160 of 1197 Posts