Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1121 - 1140 of 1197 Posts

·
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
277 Posts
Does your tune have a CARB EO?
Need something for a California truck.
It is currently in CARB's hands to review test data and emission test results. FYI, we started the EO process with CARB in Nov 2019, so it seems to take them a fair bit of time. We can provide CARB contact information if you want to press them a bit.

Thanks
GDE

·
Registered
436 Posts
@GreenDiesel do you guys currently offer anything for the mechanically stock 2017 that disables EGR? I'm almost out of warranty so starting to look for turning off EGR, and ideally getting rid of the pedal lag as well, but without any hardware changes. It's fine if it continues to use DEF.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is currently in CARB's hands to review test data and emission test results. FYI, we started the EO process with CARB in Nov 2019, so it seems to take them a fair bit of time. We can provide CARB contact information if you want to press them a bit.

Thanks
GDE
Thanks for the reply.
I will check back later

·
Registered
2018 zr2 ccsb duramax
294 Posts
Just completed a hd diesel supply tune and flow pro exhaust. No issues with drivability shifts better pulls stronger. No cel . No black coal rolling. Just a better exhaust note and better performance. Did the trans as well as ecm.

·
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
277 Posts
@GreenDiesel do you guys currently offer anything for the mechanically stock 2017 that disables EGR? I'm almost out of warranty so starting to look for turning off EGR, and ideally getting rid of the pedal lag as well, but without any hardware changes. It's fine if it continues to use DEF.
Turning this off is a violation of the Clear Air Act. It is a fine up to $40k and we will not support it. You can talk to your state representatives and maybe they can get the law changed but we have no options like that in the US. In any case our tune is cleaner than stock. We recirculate less than stock and what is being circulated is much cleaner so it doesn't cause the issues that a stock truck does.

We have provided emissions data on our website and according to the rules laid out in the EPA Memo 1A we are ONLY LEGAL TUNE that we are aware of as we have completed the tests that are REQUIRED by that memo.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Turning this off is a violation of the Clear Air Act. It is a fine up to $40k and we will not support it. You can talk to your state representatives and maybe they can get the law changed but we have no options like that in the US. In any case our tune is cleaner than stock. We recirculate less than stock and what is being circulated is much cleaner so it doesn't cause the issues that a stock truck does.

We have provided emissions data on our website and according to the rules laid out in the EPA Memo 1A we are ONLY LEGAL TUNE that we are aware of as we have completed the tests that are REQUIRED by that memo.
Any word on when you will have tunes available for the 2019+ trucks?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Take a look at Lightspeed Innovations for tuning I’ve been extremely happy with the tunes I’ve received Not sure about the others have heard very good things about both. Should ask yourself how you use truck and decide that way. LS built 2 tunes based on how I drive vehicle and what I wanted I’m very happy. PS I tow a lot I’ve also added water/meth injection and all I can say is wow off the chart difference. These motors can handle more than people think if power is done correctly (tuning)
How did you contact them? I sent an email to them, but got bo response. Im trying to decide between them or HD Supply.

·
Registered
2018 zr2 ccsb duramax
294 Posts
I’m about 1200 miles in on my hd tune. So far I’m averaging 26 mpg. If I’m not on the highway at 75mph, rural roads 55/60 mph can get over 30 if easy on the foot pressure
I’m happy with my hd tune.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m about 1200 miles in on my hd tune. So far I’m averaging 26 mpg. If I’m not on the highway at 75mph, rural roads 55/60 mph can get over 30 if easy on the foot pressure
I’m happy with my hd tune.
I am averaging 30.4 highway and 24 city with my duramax tuners tune currently. I just want the truck to sound and run more efficiently, with no problems. I plan on upgrading the turbo and other things in the future so im trying to find a place that does custom tuning. If i cant find a place soon, ill just get the HD and worry about custom tunes in the future. Good to hear you like it though! Its looking like it might be my only option right now.

·
Registered
2018 zr2 ccsb duramax
294 Posts
I’m in a zr2 with a topper so 30. Anything is uncommon lol. Also I too would like to go bigger turbo and stronger rods down the line.

·
Registered
514 Posts
How did you contact them? I sent an email to them, but got bo response. Im trying to decide between them or HD Supply.
Cam at LS is closed on weekends. He is also a small shop and stays busy. He gives excellent customer service and his two tunes were spot on with what I needed. One for daily driving and one for towing my 5500# toy hauler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cam at LS is closed on weekends. He is also a small shop and stays busy. He gives excellent customer service and his two tunes were spot on with what I needed. One for daily driving and one for towing my 5500# toy hauler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome to hear, I will wait it out. I sent the email a few days ago, but i dont mind waiting for quality. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello all,
I’ve had just about enough ! Emission codes continuously, wheel bearings, dealer repairs them then something else comes up. I even bought the Blue Driver code reader. Latest is engine light on P24B1 “Particulate Matter Sensor” because I’m out of town and waiting to get to the dealer so I just reset it and it came back on at around 800 klm. Now today I have a new code P20BE ”Reductant Heater “B” Control Circuit Performance (Replace DEF Heater) I like the truck but its getting ridiculous ! Is there a way or a kit with full install instructions that I can buy to delete all this crap and have a reliable truck. I only have 69,000 klm and I figured these Diesels were good for 200,000 - 300,000

Any help would be great...

Thanks
TB

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hello all,
I’ve had just about enough ! Emission codes continuously, wheel bearings, dealer repairs them then something else comes up. I even bought the Blue Driver code reader. Latest is engine light on P24B1 “Particulate Matter Sensor” because I’m out of town and waiting to get to the dealer so I just reset it and it came back on at around 800 klm. Now today I have a new code P20BE ”Reductant Heater “B” Control Circuit Performance (Replace DEF Heater) I like the truck but its getting ridiculous ! Is there a way or a kit with full install instructions that I can buy to delete all this crap and have a reliable truck. I only have 69,000 klm and I figured these Diesels were good for 200,000 - 300,000

Thanks
TB
Because you're in Canada.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Because you're in Canada.....

+1 on this. Im in Canada and did this exact delete/tune at 72000km...at 94000km now and havent looked back

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
+1 on this. Im in Canada and did this exact delete/tune at 72000km...at 94000km now and havent looked back

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Hello all,

Thanks
TB

Is there anything I can do to get pass Override this message “220 klm before speed is reduced to 104 maximum “ (something like that) i don’t know what happens after that ? I need to get back home which is 600 klm ??? I

Thanks
TB

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is there anything I can do to get pass Override this message “220 klm before speed is reduced to 104 maximum “ (something like that) i don’t know what happens after that ? I need to get back home which is 600 klm ??? I

Thanks
TB
Yer hosed! Dealer needed. You won't make it. Same thing happened to me towing my trailer home from Arizona this spring. I was unable to clear or reset the code. Sorry and good luck.
And after the 104 km/h max speed, it gets lower. Eventually top speed is 8 km/h. Check the owners manual.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I was told by a GM tech that if you don't shut the truck off it won't drop all the way down the speed scale. I seem to remember he said 45 mph was the lowest it would drop until you shut it off, then it will drop again next time you start it. He said if that comes on, keep driving until you get somewhere to take care of it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1121 - 1140 of 1197 Posts