Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1041 - 1044 of 1044 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I purchased my truck used just out of warranty (60,000 miles) with carfax evidence that regular oil changes and recommended maintenance were permformed on the truck by the dealership. That throttle body intake picture is at 65,000 miles. I heard stories about the throttle body contamination and had to check myself. I was shocked when I saw it and it was a pain to clean up. Can't imagine what that does over the life of the engine.
Thanks! Glad I put an air oil separator on mine the day I bought it! Plus the delete shutting off EGR.

That's the first picture I've seen of a stock truck with miles on it. Not pretty!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
Well, more proof of the need to intervene. This is the same kind of photos that TDI ALH engines could produce given the EGR / CCV mixture. Pure uglyness and a quickly crippled intake and engine performance killer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Chiming in a bit late here. But readers might also consider reading similar threads on the “coloradodiesel.org” forums. Might be worth comparing/contrasting to folks here - not sure everyone participates in both forums.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Chiming in a bit late here. But readers might also consider reading similar threads on the “coloradodiesel.org” forums. Might be worth comparing/contrasting to folks here - not sure everyone participates in both forums.
Ummmm, could you give us the cliff notes version?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1041 - 1044 of 1044 Posts