Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

961 - 980 of 1023 Posts

·
Banned
351 Posts
Might just be me, but seems like 2018+ trucks are holding up to tuning better than 15-17. Anyone find the root cause to failures for previous years?
I promise you my 16 is beat harder than any other on the road, second ONLY to Brandon's sled pulling 2.8L

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
I promise you my 16 is beat harder than any other on the road, second ONLY to Brandon's sled pulling 2.8L

On the road, I've had to replace my rad, two bumpers, grill, lower valance and other components as well because I have a taste for mud pits and rock faces ha.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Didn't they change the injector part number in '18? Maybe revised injector?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
not sure but I will look into it and switch them if that's all it is

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
If I may while being humble, mention that American Diesel Power has entered into the 2.8L Duramax market with our own in house tuning. We have Optimized ECM and Trans Tuning for retail sale. We have a full suite of sensors on the way in order to properly and carefully develop safe DSP4 tuning as well as emissions on tuning for our Turbo Upgrade. For the Optimized ECM tune and DSP4 tuning that is coming, we will be putting in the work to become CARB EO certified to allow legal sale to all 50 states. We appreciate your continued support.
My general and totally unsolicited advise would be that once you 'optimize' your tuning, then un-optimize it by backing off (retard) the timing a handful of degrees and raise the shift points a bit.
No one will miss .2-.3 mpg and it'll add a significant margin of safety to your tuning product.
Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Could you clarify how you plan to certify the DSP4 tuning with CARB? You need to turn off a couple safeties in the software for DSP switch to work properly. CARB will frown on that when you ask them about it.
Hey Green....Can your tunes still be purchased in Canada?

·
Registered
108 Posts
We never stopped selling in Canada. We do need vehicle registration showing it to be in Canada, then all is well.
So since it can only be sold in Canada that 1079 price is totally in Canadian dollars right ;)

·
Banned
351 Posts
My general and totally unsolicited advise would be that once you 'optimize' your tuning, then un-optimize it by backing off (retard) the timing a handful of degrees and raise the shift points a bit.
No one will miss .2-.3 mpg and it'll add a significant margin of safety to your tuning product.
Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Timing is everything in these engines....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys, I recently picked up a 2016 with 100,000 miles (90% highway) and was curious if a tune is a good option? This is my daily driver for long commutes, but I plan to tow and off road a bit when the weather warms up. I'm most interested in reliability and increased city/HWY fuel economy. I also live about 2 hours from the Canadian boarder in North Idaho if that could possibly give me better tuning options. Oh, and I should mention this is my first diesel, so still learning terminology.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

·
Banned
351 Posts
Hi Guys, I recently picked up a 2016 with 100,000 miles (90% highway) and was curious if a tune is a good option? This is my daily driver for long commutes, but I plan to tow and off road a bit when the weather warms up. I'm most interested in reliability and increased city/HWY fuel economy. I also live about 2 hours from the Canadian boarder in North Idaho if that could possibly give me better tuning options. Oh, and I should mention this is my first diesel, so still learning terminology.

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Your only options for within the USA are emissions on tuning only. I can supply these as needed. Being close to Canada won't help because I'll need Canadian vehicle registration to do anything further. This will be the standard answer you'll receive within the USA. MotorPOPs freely does deletes on USA customers, but they got that name from their reputation, I didn't assign that name

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your only options for within the USA are emissions on tuning only. I can supply these as needed. Being close to Canada won't help because I'll need Canadian vehicle registration to do anything further. This will be the standard answer you'll receive within the USA. MotorPOPs freely does deletes on USA customers, but they got that name from their reputation, I didn't assign that name

When did delete tuning get banned in the USA? Being a gas driver since day one, I've never had an interest in knowing these things :) What would it cost for your tune and what benefits could I expect to see? No MotorPops for me!

·
Banned
351 Posts
Federally required emissions tampering has been illegal ever since EPA emissions certification was a thing. These are not new laws, but new money to enforce old law
Send a pm to discuss offline

·
Registered
626 Posts
When did delete tuning get banned in the USA? Being a gas driver since day one, I've never had an interest in knowing these things :) What would it cost for your tune and what benefits could I expect to see? No MotorPops for me!
Tampering with gas engines are against the law just as well. Have been for many many years. They're just in their occasional bug up their ass spree and going after diesel again.

The reason Sema was created was a way for vendors to get together to battle this issue, known as the rpm act.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well had a new motor put in injector failed. Ran it stock tune for almost 3k since I've been fighting issues cause of the motor change. Put back in my gde tune and sofar I'm up 4+mpg.

Simply amazing.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Well had a new motor put in injector failed. Ran it stock tune for almost 3k since I've been fighting issues cause of the motor change. Put back in my gde tune and sofar I'm up 4+mpg.

Simply amazing.
And immediately voided the warranty on the new engine at the same time. Good luck with that

Most folks don't have that level of intestinal fortitude to waive warranty on an expensive engine they just got replaced...

·
Registered
246 Posts
I got the last one replaced /shrug

961 - 980 of 1023 Posts