Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So did you all have a chance to give feedback on the vehicles to the Shreveport staff? What were some of the suggestions given if so?

Something I was curious to know about is any plans to upgrade the interior electronics and Driver Information Center so that it is more up to par with the other vehicles they have out.

For example, my mother just bought a 2006 Malibu and it has a lot of stuff on it that our vehicles don't have such as temperature display (maybe this is already on some of our fancy models), live MPG stats, multiple trips, notifications if key fob batter is dying, digital heating/air conditioning controls, remote start, etc....

Short of buying a scan gauge, I wish these and some of the other options were available as well.

Any plans for these in 2008 (didn't see them on the lists released)? Did you all see the 2008 model?

(forgive me if this was posted somewhere already... and if it has, just delete this thread)

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Everything that they were producing were '08's. They had just changed over to the new year. Rick, the engineer on hand took plenty of notes about our concerns and and our 'wish list' of product improvements. He stated that some of the suggestions could actually make it into the redesign of the next generation 355!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
These were my questions which Sab asked for me since I could not attend..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously the axles and brakes which I have mentioned earlier.. to go further on the front brakes and what not...

Suspension:
- Does GM ever plan to get rid of the captured rotor design and go back to the standard rotors?
- What do they see as the benefits of a captured rotor design?

- Front differential: Cast iron or Aluminum for V8 Colorado. (cast iron is far stronger)

- Skid plates, how about putting some underneath the Z71's and not leaving the oil pan, front dif and transmission exposed? You did this for the S10 4x4's, it can't be that hard to do for the Colorados.

- Tires for the Z71. How about ditching the all season cheapo tires and go to the BFG AT KO's All Terrains for the Z71. If you want to increase sales, this will certainly enhance the exterior appeal of the truck by giving a more aggressive appearance and also they are better tires.

- Full size spare, put one on the 4x4 Z71's. Ditch the small spare.

Transmission:
Is their any plans for a 6 speed Auto for these trucks?

Why was the 5 speed manual deleted from the I5 Colorado for 2007 but left for the 2007 H3?
Will it return for this engine in the future for the Colorado?
Will a 6 speed (T56) manual transmission be offered for the Colorado V8 and will it also be offered for a 4x4 configuration? Crewcab?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These were the questions that I see most Offroading truck owners would like answered.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
That is correct, all those items and more were discussed during the tech session at the plant. I am waiting for some feedback.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Good thread....the main DIC questions are ones that I wondered also.

I still oddly enough have a pamphlet from the '04 colorados, and the DIC was a little bigger and had graphics, and the bed had step-ins, the tires were also Dunlops that the H3 has not the generals, let me scan it and I will show it if anyone wants.

All in all I love the truck, but a few "little things" would make it even better and I think people outside of us enthuses would notice.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for posting so far!

Canyonaro said:
...the main DIC questions are ones that I wondered also.

I still oddly enough have a pamphlet from the '04 colorados, and the DIC was a little bigger and had graphics, and the bed had step-ins, the tires were also Dunlops that the H3 has not the generals, let me scan it and I will show it if anyone wants...
Please by all means! That would be extremely interesting to see... perhaps some of those features were delayed and will be available with the refresh...?

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
We did have the wish for 4-wheel discs on our list! :lol:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
rkinney said:
Please by all means! That would be extremely interesting to see... perhaps some of those features were delayed and will be available with the refresh...?
Sorry so far I can't find the picture of the DIC, but I will still look.

In the meantime, I did find a picture of the Dunlops and the side-steps (I wish we had both standard on the Z-71's).

http://www.coloradofans.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=22498

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Not to Hyjack the thread, but I did notice that in the picture I scaned, that the Dunlops are on the outside, if you see the inside tire it looks like it is the typical Generals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts