Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Wow what a mess of a video and waste of a good 11 min of my life.

He is for sure not unbiased or stable.

I can find you good and bad for all models. There are no perfect vehicles.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Scotty Kilmer is a jagoff
Most automotive forum members are aware of his click bait and BS
That's why he says stupid things, so when people complain about him on a forum he gets a ton of views when people who don't know who he is look him up on YouTube.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Crap I thought this was going to be a video about not being able to slow the Colorado below 50 mph or Keanu Reeves would blow up. That would have been a way better use of my time. Guess I should have read the comments first ?

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
And . .based on the replies here. . . Kilmer's plan is working to spread his "message" across the net.
Don't feed the "troll".

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The guy needs to step back from the crack pipe, total idiot.

·
Registered
2018 Colorado WT Extended Cab 4x4
164 Posts
The YouTube video title and content were definitely created as "click bait" to attract as many viewers as possible and to generate controversy. Sadly, most of us here just contributed to Scotty's pocket book. Mission accomplished,...for him. As far as what he said about Colorado's,...it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. He said he had 1 customer (only 1, mind you) with a "collapsed wheel" due to a control arm breaking. Really?! He doesn't even tell us what the mileage was on that Colorado, or how it was driven and maintained, and since it had to be taken to Scotty for repair, it was obviously way past the 60K mile drivetrain warranty period. My guess is,...that horse, IF the story is true, would have been "rode hard and put up wet" more times than we can imagine! He also mentions Colorado and Canyon "engine problems", but again, he doesn't specify what problems! "Fuel pumps breaking down early"??? Hmm,...I haven't seen many of those issues here at the forum? Even if that claim were true, most modern vehicle fuel pumps are located inside the gas tanks regardless of the make or model, so every one of those pumps would require dropping the tank for replacement. Does that mean every one of those vehicles is a bad design and not well thought out?! By the way, many manufacturers are having problems and are issuing recalls regarding defective fuel pumps (Toyota just issued a fuel pump recall yesterday! Affecting over 700 thousand Toyota vehicles!), so it seems the real problem is more of a quality control issue with the subcontractors building these fuel pumps for various manufacturers. He also mentioned "$22K all the way up to $42K" as the Colorado "price range". First of all, he was wrong about the price range, but he also said "I could think of a better use of your money IN THAT PRICE RANGE". The thing is,...ALL mid-sized trucks on the American market fall WITHIN THAT SAME PRICE RANGE! So price should not even be an issue when you are talking about comparably equipped mid-size trucks! What on earth is he talking about?! I mean, those comments are reckless, ignorant, and defamatory to say the least! He has lost all the credibility he may have had with me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So here is Scotty's latest review of the 7 worst new trucks. The Colorado and the Canyon are on the list for reasons I have never seen here. What do you think? He just loves Tacomas and anything Toyota. He also hates Frontiers and says that for the same amount of money you can get a Tacoma. This is dreaming if he thinks they cost the same.
Thinking he is on Speed

·
Registered
34 Posts
SCOTTY KILMER IS CLICK BAIT! CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT WHY! YOU WILL NEVER GUESS THE REASON!

Couldn’t help but post this...don’t actually watch it. The GM car he recomends is the Colorado. Guy isn’t consistent and only sees brands and models, not years and generations of models (not even getting into his brand bias). You get a whiff of the stuff he is cooking due to the fact that his thumbnail image is a 2nd gen Colorado but the video only shows first gen...so who knows which one he means. He has also trashed the GMC Canyon...which is basically the same as a Colorado at its core.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Following the jist of his reasoning, his ultimate truck if made today would be something like a 68 Chevy truck.

Talk about reliable - there were few things to break down.

You don't even have to sorry about getting most of the upholstery dirty - because it was mostly steel in a 68.

Anyone who waves their hands that much when they are talking are either Italian or a con man.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So here is Scotty's latest review of the 7 worst new trucks. The Colorado and the Canyon are on the list for reasons I have never seen here. What do you think? He just loves Tacomas and anything Toyota. He also hates Frontiers and says that for the same amount of money you can get a Tacoma. This is dreaming if he thinks they cost the same.
This guy is the Alex Jones of cars.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Scotty is pretty hilarious and ridiculous. He is for entertainment value only in a watching a train wreck kind of way, he is pushing for more subscribers and YouTube revenue. Scotty would show us his scraggly hairy balls if doing that would gain him more Internet fame. Thankfully, it has not come to that just yet :LOL:

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
SCOTTY KILMER IS CLICK BAIT! CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT WHY! YOU WILL NEVER GUESS THE REASON!

Couldn’t help but post this...don’t actually watch it. The GM car he recomends is the Colorado. Guy isn’t consistent and only sees brands and models, not years and generations of models (not even getting into his brand bias). You get a whiff of the stuff he is cooking due to the fact that his thumbnail image is a 2nd gen Colorado but the video only shows first gen...so who knows which one he means. He has also trashed the GMC Canyon...which is basically the same as a Colorado at its core.
Yeah, I saw this one. Kinda funny. I guess he likes the inline 5 engine.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i dont know nothing about scotty BUT i reported motorweek and some other pro review 'magazines' also gave the colorado low marks after being the rated higher than other trucks when they 1st came out. i was wondering what they were talking about from one extreme to another.
having driven a 2020 colorado LT a couple weeks ago i can say they aren't like they used to be. rougher ride bad seats more noisy on the road poor standard radio.
i seriously couldn't believe the difference when i was back in my 16 canyon SLT. for a bit more more than $1000 there is a lot more to the canyon that i was aware

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I warch his stuff from time to time when he is talking about some product and some maintenance tips. However, you can tell he is a 'Yota Fanboy and defends them with the same fervor as an Apple Fanboy talks about the iPhone. I am wondering when he is going to badmouth the Pontiac Vibe, will be fun to watch fumbling on his bullshit.

My advice to him is to stick to product reviewing and automotive tips n' tricks.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts