Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is Scotty's latest review of the 7 worst new trucks. The Colorado and the Canyon are on the list for reasons I have never seen here. What do you think? He just loves Tacomas and anything Toyota. He also hates Frontiers and says that for the same amount of money you can get a Tacoma. This is dreaming if he thinks they cost the same.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
OK Scotty, you're big time YouTube. Its about time for your first book deal.
OH, did you know that I have a 'Rado because I got the same amount of truck as a comparable Toyota for 10K less?
OK, the Rado won't have the same resale. Do you know how I drive my vehicles? KBB has a used value calculator checkbox for "Owned by Scotticus" that knocks off 25%.
Did you know I ain't scared to fix stuff?
Exactly who is your audience Scotty? The same folks that have been watching your vids for years? I'm wondering now...🤔

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I can't tell you how many threads there are going here about collapsed wheels due to tie-rods breaking. That's because I've never seen any. :rolleyes: I don't recall any second generation fuel pump issues either, but there probably have been some. Engine and drive-train are broad categories. We all know about the 8 speed, but other than that I don't know what he'd be talking about.

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't tell you how many threads there are going here about collapsed wheels due to tie-rods breaking. That's because I've never seen any. :rolleyes: I don't recall any second generation fuel pump issues either, but there probably have been some. Engine and drive-train are broad categories. We all know about the 8 speed, but other than that I don't know what he'd be talking about.
And, I have heard a lot of complaints about the new Tacoma transmissions too. This guy is just all about Toyota. He doesn't even mention the trans. He just hates our trucks for reasons we have never seen here. If there was a problem with these things, I'm sure it would be all over this forum. I guess we just have bad trucks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Scotty used to have a short weekly segment on local Houston news, a number of years ago. At that time, he seemed believable to me. This YouTube video, however, is a whole 'nuther Scotty. All the waving arms, the slurred speech, the indefensible opinions--I'm embarrassed for him and for Houston. Sit down, Scotty.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Sorry, never heard of him. Is it because I’m uninformed or I live in the sticks?

He sounds like a real chucklehead full of himself. I’ll pass up the opportunity to give him a chance. Oddly enough I’m okay with that. Better ways to spend my time.

Gusto!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I saw that. I am subscribed to his channel. But I know how he is. Basically hates everything but Toyotas lol. He is like an old man reminiscing about the "good old" days. I commented on the video that I have had a Frontier, Tacoma, and a Colorado, and the Colorado is the best of the three. I know from experience. If you listened to Scotty you wouldn't be able to drive any newer car or truck. Lol.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Sorry, never heard of him. Is it because I’m uninformed or I live in the sticks?
I've seen one of his videos before. It might have been about turbochargers or transmissions or some such thing. I really don't remember, but he's sort of hard to forget. It's not like Engineering Explained though, where I actually seek out their material.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Scotty needs to get a hair weave and review tools......something he's familiar with

·
Registered
227 Posts
He probably gets his data by browsing forums looking for posts saying things like, "My Colorado vibrates when I turn the ignition key! What a piece of junk! I should have bought something else!", or other complaints by somebody looking for internet attention. :cautious:

·
Registered
20 Posts
The first time I saw a video of this guy he was using some piss poor logic as to why you shouldn't put headers on a car and got pretty much every point wrong.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well, I'm glad that our trucks were listed first so that I didn't have to waste more than 2 minutes on the utter garbage (opinion) that he was spewing. Is it just me or does he come off as some sort of lunatic/meth addict? Just consider the source when it comes to anything like this, easily dismissed as far as I'm concerned. An absolute RETARD in my eyes if I can get away with saying that these days, hopefully I don't offend anyone who might be bothered by that term but that's the best way to describe him.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I stopped watching and unsubscribed from Scotty when he said you you can drive through about a foot of water with no trouble.

Turn around. Don't Drown. Is the saying in Texas. He should know better than to tell his viewers that's ok.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I stopped watching and unsubscribed from Scotty when he said you you can drive through about a foot of water with no trouble.

Turn around. Don't Drown. Is the saying in Texas. He should know better than to tell his viewers that's ok.
I drove past this car last month. They were lucky they were apparently going slow. Several blocks were flooded and they were trying to find a way around the roadblocks.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts