Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Odd thing today. Started up the truck and the info screen I usually leave it on, was blank, tried to cycle through the options but no response. But a few random options popped up in the info settings screen.

Tried a few restarts but hasn't fixed it.

This is the second odd glitch I've encountered. A couple weeks ago my blinker sound just stopped after hitting the end call button trying to stop the voice commands. But that cleared after I pulled over and restarted.

Will let it sit for a little while and perhaps unplug the battery and see if that clears it.

https://youtu.be/Jj-wyUnWCYE

This truck might have a few beta lines running through it...

·
Registered
85 Posts
These are the "joys" of the increasingly complex software and hardware deployments in today's vehicles. I'm just waiting for the day when you have to download your weekly patches for your car, lol.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I was just joking on some that could be plausible. These trucks are connected via OnStar. Why prevents GM on sending a software patch and/or disable the vehicle like LowJack? Tesla does it on their cars. The tech is there... just joking and saying it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just joking on some that could be plausible. These trucks are connected via OnStar. Why prevents GM on sending a software patch and/or disable the vehicle like LowJack? Tesla does it on their cars. The tech is there... just joking and saying it.

Oh I know your kidding. But OTA updates I think are enabled for the headunit functions. Not too sure how interconnected all the systems are.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
That seems like some type of Factory configuration stuff.

I wonder if you got put in “Transport” mode or something.

There’s a thread here somewhere on how to enter and exit Transport mode, maybe do a quick search and check it out??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.