Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have a problem. I want everything, but lack the unlimited money of Jay Leno. As much as I love my truck, I just don't want to drive it to death as a commuter vehicle. I also don't want to beat up the vintage Wagon, nor drive the Saturn as a daily, given it's status as a time capsule. Work announced an additional incentive above and beyond what is offered by various manufacturers, plus federal tax incentives. It created the unique chance to latch on to our new ride. We had to say bye to the Jeep, but I'm going to enjoy our new runabout:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
@Wolfman01 - I see how you roll. I like your thinking as well. You have one vehicle for a specific purpose. This way the more different driving situations you have the more diverse cars/trucks you need!

I tried that logic with the Mrs but she’s on to me........

Gusto!

·
Registered
186 Posts
My commute is 6 miles per day. Haven't been riding my bike in the summer temps.. but that's exactly why I kept my wife's college car around, a 2000 Celica gt with 200k+. Truck stays in my bay... Last year I only out 6k on my secondary vehicle. I'm all for a commuter. Beater or not.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is it? I know it is not a new C8 Corvette which would be about the only reason to get rid of a Jeep for...
It's a 2019 Nissan Leaf SL Plus. The Jeep was the Fiat 500L based Compass Trailhawk. It was a fun vehicle, but I wouldn't call it a "real" Jeep. I've owned two hybrid vehicles, as well as a Chevy Volt in my past. I've wanted to take the plunge into a full EV, and they've only now have crossed into the level of having enough range to be useful. Between the Federal incentive, and the work one, I'll have $10k net off the price of this car by tax time next year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Wolfman01
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing