Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Canyon AT 4x4 2.8L CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
1,431 Posts
Mine surges on cold start at around 40F and below, and it only lasts for about 5 min of idle or less if I start driving it.
Setting the elevated idle fixed my surge. Now that it's actually below freezing in Florida I had a chance to test it out.

·
Registered
2018 zr2 ccsb duramax
330 Posts
Been so cold in Northern NY. That I can't remember the last time it didn't surge lol

·
Registered
2017 Colorado Z71 Duramax
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Got my truck back....here is the list of parts they had to replace.

DPF exhaust pipe
DPF Particulate Matter sensor
DEF injector and nozzle
DEF line(pretty sure tech broke it)

the new DPF pipe came in with a broken tip. So instead of waiting for another pipe to be available they installed my AFE hi-tuck system for free.

Reactions: Diesel Dan71

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Now when it surges like normal, they can blame your aftermarket pipe lol
This one made me laugh. GM has been abysmal this entire time. The worst part of it all is in the beginning when they said they had to order the DPF pipe, i offered to give them the AFE pipe to just swap that in since the DPF was still operating properly. Instead, they told me they were going to charge me to install it since it was an aftermarket pipe. Now in the end, they offered to put the AFE pipe on for free to get rid of the parts supply problems.

The dealer told me it would be another week or more to get a second DPF back exhaust pipe to replace the first replacement one with the broken tip. Then offered up to throw the AFE pipe on to "help the customer in anyway we can" and to ensure i was satisfied...

·
Registered
39 Posts
the new DPF pipe came in with a broken tip. So instead of waiting for another pipe to be available they installed my AFE hi-tuck system for free.
What part number for that hi-tuck?
The one I found was $500 for the whole cat back which seems high for how simple it is.

During this cold snap our truck started and idled smooth, consistent....same with my 300k 6.6L Dmax.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeah that would def be enough for my truck to start with a surge of rpm and you hear the turbo spin up aggressively. I think that’s to cycle the vgt and shake up the fins. Not positive

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
What part number for that hi-tuck?
The one I found was $500 for the whole cat back which seems high for how simple it is.

During this cold snap our truck started and idled smooth, consistent....same with my 300k 6.6L Dmax.
part number is 49-44100-P and it was $360 shipped on Amazon.

·
Registered
2017 Canyon AT 4x4 2.8L CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
1,431 Posts
Must be off.
Haven't checked it in the DIC but it doesn't idle up like my 6.6L does.
The setting is actually not in the DIC (go figure), check the Infotainment menu.
Settings/Vehicle/Climate and Air Quality/Elevated Idle

61 - 73 of 73 Posts