Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My 2008 GMC Canyon 3.7 is throwing a U1064 code, but trucks running fine. I've done the research and cannot find any steps to fixing this problem. If anyone can shed some light on this please let me know. It would be very appreciative.

Thanks!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hello everyone,

My 2008 GMC Canyon 3.7 is throwing a U1064 code, but trucks running fine. I've done the research and cannot find any steps to fixing this problem. If anyone can shed some light on this please let me know. It would be very appreciative.

Thanks!
According to a Google search: "This code means vehicle lost communication with body control module which could be power, ground, data wire.Also if the BCM is shorted out it will cause all these issues".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem has been resolved. I disconnected the negative battery cable and took the BCM out of the truck and just reinstalled it. I left the negative battery cable off for about 3 hrs and reconnected it. So far no code and it also fixed my TPMS light I've had for months now. Fingers cross neither return. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.