Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow Last night here in Pa. we had black ice holy crap!. I was on my way home from jersey which was horrible they had no salt on the roads! had to go 10 mph and going up hill were nearly impossible. any way I crossed into Pa where they had the roads salted. I came upon a light stopped when it turned green started on my way and as i'm driving the truck right on top of a bridge!!! and you guess it ICE! The tail end swung out to the left and All i saw was guard rail so I quick turned the wheel and missed it and the tail swung all the way back to the left , at this point I was going 50 mph side ways sliding all I could think was its gonna roll, as it continued to slide I was now headed for the inner guard rail, I got closer and closer to hitting the pass side on the inner rail as i was going backward down the highway... just like that i closed my eyes as I was about to hit!!! and I stopped... I opened my eyes and I was sitting in the mud in the divider, truck was off and i looked around and seen that the guard rail end 4 ft in front of me... so thankfully i missed hitting anything I shut the key off and it took two cranks to fire but I am so lucky I have 900 miles on it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah

lol me too i was like omg lol these trucks seem to shift weird too or is it just me it seems like you have to press down on the pedal pretty far to get it to downshift and i think thats what happend it down shifted right on top of the bridge

·
Registered
89 Posts
unfortunitly i hit a wet spot in Balitmore last night and the truck just went right into another car. i only got a small hole in my bumper but the hyndia i hit at 10mph that looks like it got totalled. but i drove my colorado back home a 100miles to get back home. guess it pays to buy american.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Hunter said:
Did you change your underwear? :D
x2...I had to just after reading it!

·
Registered
243 Posts
LongBow986 said:
/forum/images/smiles/censored.gif, i was holding my breath reading your story! :shock:
x2! Great story ... especially because you and your truck survived OK!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Had to go out last nite in the weather here...about 2 inches of snow at the time...was by myself on the hwy came around a bend and was looking at headlights shining right at me...an SUV was turning around after having spun out.

Nuthing like your story but it DID make me more alert!

·
Registered
132 Posts
PS: Here in CT you'd think folks would know how to drive in snow!!

I think we get less practice because of global warming.

·
Registered
388 Posts
People used to know how to drive in snow - before
the advent of all wheel drive made every weekend/Mom/McMansion Ownin Suburbanite Warrior think they could go anywhere/ anytime at any speed.

Had same in Jersey last night followed by sleet then a night of freezin rain. I was out as I love to drive in winter conditions (although I got off the road before the freezing rain) and I know how, but kept my rig in 4 X in case I had to get out of someone's way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts