Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one climate light is now blinking on my 2019 Colorado WT that's just outside warranty. Due to labor shortages, my go-to dealerships are needing me to leave my truck for up to five days just to diagnose. Can anyone shed some light on what might be going on here? And if so, what the fix might be? Thank you in advance. I'm new to the forum and appreciate any help you can offer.
Gesture Font Automotive lighting Art Communication Device

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
everything works fine but it is blinking?
can you change output positions?
it is a common issue
if still under warranty take it in, if not buy a new one and install it

post #5 shows youu how to change it

oh, Welcome to the forum, go to the intro page an post some pictures of your truck

• Helpful
Reactions: 93Duc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can change to other output settings. I have noticed condensation accumulating on the windshield since it started blinking. It's just outside warranty but was told I may be able to push to get it covered but trying to determine if it makes sense (lwld have to get a rental car etc while truck is at dealership)

·
Registered
60 Posts
common
issue. welcome to
the club. haha. im outta warranty. i wonder if i can solder a new bulb on mine. if warranty just have them fix. i have a 2018

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
common
issue. welcome to
the club. haha. im outta warranty. i wonder if i can solder a new bulb on mine. if warranty just have them fix. i have a 2018
I tried to solder a new tiny led after taking my failed module apart. No good, and I have years of pcb soldering experience. Find a used module (panel) on flea-bay. It's easy to swap out if that is the problem however BTW, is the OP or anyone else questioning whether the blinking light is actually normal? Perhaps it is indicative of something else wrong (like a jammed hot/cold air door) or that the outside air temperature is too cold to allow operation of the compressor. It seems to me that most everyone is jumping to conclusions without any troubleshooting whatsoever. Does the light blink in a repetitive pattern? However, if the light is flickering randomly I would suggest that it is probably defective.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you Gerry. It blinks erratically. Sometimes fast blink, sometimes slow and sometimes it stays dark for a few secs. I don't see an option to upload a video else I would.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
FYI, the part number I posted above is the current one, they changed the part number in 2020ish, hopefully they upgraded the part at that time
I scrolled through the 18 page thread to make sure, along with 7 other posts about this

Reactions: 93Duc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup, so they're right. Replace the module/panel. Like I said, you can get a perfectly good used one on ebay. It's an easy swap.
I think it might be outside my skill set to do it at this point but I'm sure I could learn. I contacted three dealerships re and they're all needing to have my truck for approx 5 days just to diagnose and that's a fee of $190. Then there's an average of two weeks wait to get it repaired. Given all that, there's definitely incentive to do it myself. I'm below novice on this sort of thing. It's been very helpful having all y'all weigh in on this because it's given me knowledge/confidence when contacting dealerships etc. I am very appreciative.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Totally forgot mine did the same thing in the same spot. I still need to replace that module.
I put a piece of electrical tape over it. I can still see the orange light, but little blinky dude is covered.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Totally forgot mine did the same thing in the same spot. I still need to replace that module.
I put a piece of electrical tape over it. I can still see the orange light, but little blinky dude is covered.
It's been helpful to learn via this forum that it's not necessarily indicative of a bigger electrical problem (which was my worry prior to finding this forum and getting such thoughtful input). I don't drive much at night so I don't really see it much.

·
Registered
2019 Z71 Diesel
465 Posts
I read that GM updated the part with the latest part number being the correct one now. Apparently they corrected the problem with their supplier sometime after 2019. Buying a used panel may be the same defective one you already have. Just saying.

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
if you do not have a couple trim tools, by them either at you local auto store or off of amazon e-bay
set is less then 10 bucks, or at least they use to be..

this is just an example, they re plasitic so will not scratch

1 - 20 of 25 Posts