Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
All of these threads on this problem and no one ever posted the solution. Whats funny is no one mentioned that the thermostat could be stuck in a position where its letting the water circulate but not letting it get hot. If its stuck open it will not let the water get hot. Im having the problem now and bought the thermostat and having it put in tomorrow. When I turn my knob for for the hot and cold I can hear it moving and i also get real cold air when its turned to cold and then will go up a few degrees when moved th hot so Im thinking its either thermostat or an air pocket. Ill know tomorrow. By the way its a 2010 Colorado with the 5 cyl.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
All of these threads on this problem and no one ever posted the solution. Whats funny is no one mentioned that the thermostat could be stuck in a position where its letting the water circulate but not letting it get hot. If its stuck open it will not let the water get hot. Im having the problem now and bought the thermostat and having it put in tomorrow. When I turn my knob for for the hot and cold I can hear it moving and i also get real cold air when its turned to cold and then will go up a few degrees when moved th hot so Im thinking its either thermostat or an air pocket. Ill know tomorrow. By the way its a 2010 Colorado with the 5 cyl.
You are posting this in the wrong section. This is for the Second Gen Colorados. We had a problem with the blend door and a recall when they first came out.

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
9,978 Posts
These guys are not having a stuck open t stat. They all say it gets hot.
If your gauge never goes up up it probably is that problem. It happens all the time. It can keep the AC from working too. (PCM thing), and set a code (CEL comes on).
But, for any heating problem, the first thing that should be done is check the level of the coolant.

·
Premium Member
2015 Canyon
293 Posts
Regarding the blend door;
I remember seeing a thread here where someone actually cut it out from the drivers side, just so the whole dash didn't have to come out. Not a bad theory, as long as everything would be properly sealed when finished. I tried a quick search for it, but could not track it down. I'll look again later.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
21 - 25 of 25 Posts