Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 ZR2 Diesel
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Last winter I started noticing a subtle clicking noise coming from the vicinity of the right rear passenger window switch on my 2019 Diesel ZR2. Since then, the sound will also come from the left rear and sometimes passenger front switch. Imagine the sound the switch makes with you pull up on the driver window control when it's already up...this happens at random all of the time, every few minutes or so. Parked or driving. Honestly, I didn't start noticing it until after I had the dealer put in a new backup camera since my stock camera had water in the lens (the replacement has water now too...). It does not sound like a mechanical clicking, more of an electrical relay click sound.

Any ideas? All of the switches work fine, no ghost opening/closing. I wondered if it was maybe a door/latch position sensor or airbag heater (does this even exist?) or airbag sensor since the sound could be coming from the B-pillar also.

Off to worry about the other noises in my head...:)

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
sounds like a loose connector under the dash causing the relay's for the motors to activate...

·
Registered
8,338 Posts
Hey all! Last winter I started noticing a subtle clicking noise coming from the vicinity of the right rear passenger window switch on my 2019 Diesel ZR2. Since then, the sound will also come from the left rear and sometimes passenger front switch. Imagine the sound the switch makes with you pull up on the driver window control when it's already up...this happens at random all of the time, every few minutes or so. Parked or driving. Honestly, I didn't start noticing it until after I had the dealer put in a new backup camera since my stock camera had water in the lens (the replacement has water now too...). It does not sound like a mechanical clicking, more of an electrical relay click sound.

Any ideas? All of the switches work fine, no ghost opening/closing. I wondered if it was maybe a door/latch position sensor or airbag heater (does this even exist?) or airbag sensor since the sound could be coming from the B-pillar also.

If everything works correctly, I'm thinking it is just another noise in your head. Do you talk back/respond to those noises (voices) I do sometimes. :)

There is no air bag heater. I can't think of what it could be if all works correctly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any updates on this issue? I have the exact same subtle clicking coming from my windows. If I push on the door panel it makes the same noise so I’m not sold on the idea it’s a relay failure.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Did you ever figure it out? I have the exact same problem. The sound is like the window motor when you close and it hits at the top closing position. Little click. Random and from both front doors.

·
Registered
2021 Colorado WT v6 2wd
167 Posts
I heard his clock yesterday on front passenger window as it was moving up. Thought I was hearing thing though but after reading this maybe in not as crazy as I thought I was.

·
Registered
8,338 Posts
There are window modules in the doors, it's probably them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts