Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason windex will not clean the outside of my back glass. Does anyone know of any heavier duty cleaners that would definatly work?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its always so dirty man I dont know why. Thanks for the help though guys. Clay bar, where would I find one?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
try some vinegar and some water that all i use to clean my windows inside and out works better than windex

·
Registered
35 Posts
i have one of the best secrets to do the job! first this may go without saying, but never use windex or any products with amonia in them if you have tint...it will EAT it up.

and here is the best news of all!....NEWSPAPERS! if you use just plain ole' black and white newspapers the ink in the papers somehow leaves your windows streak free! just spray your window cleaner on your window and crinkle up a piece in your hand and have at it. its cheap and works like a dream.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I tryed newspaper but didnt like it. But its all what you like.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've been using Armour All Auto cleaner for years. Works great!

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Re:

cgreen4314 said:
NEWSPAPERS! if you use just plain ole' black and white newspapers the ink in the papers somehow leaves your windows streak free!
It's the ink on the paper. It acts like a polish. Using newspaper is an old school trick. I used to help my grandfather clean his windows with it when I was a kid. Works great.

·
Registered
143 Posts
This is the best kept secret in the detailing biz.......

Childrens Tears. The younger the better......

j/k but newspapers are like G-d's gift to window cleaning....

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I've found that the rain-x window cleaner/treatment combo works pretty well. Invisible Glass is pretty decent too. Dad uses it on his truck. I usually use one microfiber towel to wipe it down, and a second, more dry microfiber towel to do wipe away the excess and make do edging. Works well for me, with no streaks or spots.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use that invisible glass as well because its safe for tinted windows. But if you want a strong cleaner try the castle stuff, its pretty good

·
Registered
737 Posts
Re:

Spyman8 said:
Invisable Glass in the spray bottle and a clean, detergent and fabric softener free, microfiber cloth. I have NEVER had streaks using this method, NEVER

yep what he said..thats what i use

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Re: Re:

platinumZ71 said:
Spyman8 said:
Invisable Glass in the spray bottle and a clean, detergent and fabric softener free, microfiber cloth. I have NEVER had streaks using this method, NEVER

yep what he said..thats what i use
I have tryed every thing with cleaning products and even the rain-x with glass cleaner. I always get a film after wards so I just started using vingar and water then drying it with a rag.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts