Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched All Girls Garage yesterday. They had a fix for 6 speed tranny issue when the trans wants to shift from 1 to 4 between 15 and 21 mph. Called Shift Skip. Simple plug and stops the shift.
Anyone heard of this or used it? They installed it on a Camaro with a six speed to solve the problem.

·
Registered
380 Posts
That is talking about a six speed manual. Completely different.

Watched All Girls Garage yesterday. They had a fix for 6 speed tranny issue when the trans wants to shift from 1 to 4 between 15 and 21 mph. Called Shift Skip. Simple plug and stops the shift.
Anyone heard of this or used it? They installed it on a Camaro with a six speed to solve the problem.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah, I had a Z28 ages ago had the 1-4 skip shift. There was a little connector under the center console that disabled it. Basically it kicked the gear lever over to 4th when you were shifting from 1-2 under light load.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's called CAGS, on the Corvettes it was put in as a fuel saving measure to skirt the EPA Gas Guzzler tax.
At low throttle input there is a solenoid that's activated to skip-shift you from 1st to 4th. It's annoying as hell, and because of that it's commonly defeated.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have a CAGS eliminator in my 2005 GTO. It can also be disabled with a Tech 2 scanner. But, yes, that is for a manual transmission.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.