Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The chrome bar across the front of the grill is peeling off. Is there some chrome paint i can buy to cover it up or what?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
i got the dealer to replace mine under warr a couple of years ago. when the stuff started peeling i put some clear tape over the torn chrome stuff so it wouldnt get any worse till i got it fixed/replaced.

if your truck isnt under warranty the best thing is just to order a new piece i guess.

sorry i wasnt much help.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no man, u were. Thats what i'll do. its still under warranty, so i'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe. its sunburst, so i don't really know how good that will look. i like the way it looks. i might try some chrome colored paint if the dealership says i damaged it, which i didn't.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
meyniac said:
maybe. its sunburst, so i don't really know how good that will look. i like the way it looks. i might try some chrome colored paint if the dealership says i damaged it, which i didn't.
I don't think that the chrome paint would turn out very well, but I don't have any personal experience with chrome paint, but I've had a couple friends who used it and weren't happy at all with the results.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks. yea i'll prolly have to pay for a new grill...at least its under warranty.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol other way around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts