Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,450 Posts
I usually like chrome handles or even black plastic handles as they don't show scratches thru the years. I got the Z71 with painted handles and they are growing on me. It's my first truck with painted handles. I probably will switch them for chrome handles in a couple of years when they look old.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i wanted paint matched handles and no chrome.. ended up with a loaded LT and now the chrome is growing on me..

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have the chrome package on my truck. It was that or buy a black truck. There was no way I was buying a black car ever again. Cyber Gray is almost too dark for me. That being said. I have chrome rear bumper, door handles and mirrors (Soon to be all black clearview mirrors). My daughter totaled my car while her's was in the body shop from the first accident. So it was hurry up and buy something. The dealer had 3 a black z71, cyber gray LT and a gross yellow z71. My truck was the only option or go with a used full size which I didn't want a full size. I really don't care either way really.

·
Registered
339 Posts
My '99 F-150 has what was called the Sport package. It is white with white door handlers, bumpers and rear view mirror housings. Every else was black with the exception of aluminum wheels. After that package I never warmed up to chrome again. But to each his/her own.

My 2017 Z-71 (on order) will not have chrome door handles.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I think a little bit of chrome adds a nice contrast. Originally I was trying to get rid of all of it, but left my side mirrors and fog trim.

Day one:

Now:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have chrome on my LT on the front grill, mirrors, door handles and rear bumper. I even swapped my Colorado tail lights for Canyon tail lights because I think the chrome accents on the Canyon tails better fits the scheme of my truck:

Hey blue15colorado, what are those wheel well trim pieces on your truck? My 2016 Colorado LT doesn't have those. Is that part of another package? Or only on the 2015 model?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Plastic "chrome" door handles are like a rabbit fur coat. They just make them look like cheap whores.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Plastic "chrome" door handles are like a rabbit fur coat. They just make them look like cheap whores.
Just because people call my chrome jeweled lady a "Canyon" and I can open her up and fall right in does not mean she's a cheap *****. :kiss:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Chrome is one of the reasons I like this truck so much. My favorite touch is the 4x4 chrome emblem on the bed. I even added the chrome tailgate handle.
Opinions be damned. For what we pay, I'll put anything I want on this truck.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mine comes with stocked painted door handle and window trims.
I changed both to chrome for now and love it.
When the look of it grows on me then I'll probably change it back to stock.

!
!
!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Chrome? I like the fact that we have choices. If you have chrome, flaunt it! I'm okay with chrome. I have a 2017 Z71 My truck came without chrome door handles, mirrors, bumper, or grill. Heck I even removed the chrome "COLORADO" emblems on the sides and back. My truck came with the black bow tie package but I even removed the rear bow tie because of the chrome. Heck, I even removed the chrome Z71 stickers. Okay, so maybe it was silver color on the stickers not chrome - LOL.

Next I'm going to paint the chrome around my front black bow tie laser blue metallic paint to match the rest of the truck. I did a blue paint test on the chrome of the rear bow tie I removed and I like the look. When does the madness stop?

Gusto!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Old school, gives pop to darker color

Cyber grey here, chrome adds pop, bling as it were in old school. LT with chrome package here.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I just saw this thread I got my build sheet from GM today and saw my truck was built with chrome door handles but when I bought it from the dealership the are body colored maybe the dealership removed them? Personally I like the body colored ones I have not that big of a chrome person myself i do like black chrome though

21 - 40 of 46 Posts