Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed the black plastic rain channel trim chipping along the edges? I have a 2016 Colorado CC and noticed it on both sides. It's not really visible unless you walk right up to the truck and are trying to look for it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
Weird! No more than 5min ago I was waxing the roof of the truck and noticed these chips. They are so round I thought it must be how they are supposted to be but that doesnt make sense. I'm going out to take another look.

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
Here is one halfway through the chipping process.

I have about 8 on the driver's side and 2 on the passenger side. My guess is debris gets into the channels and at high speed the vibrate about and chip away at the underside of the rail. *shrug*

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Well I suspect just a bad piece of plastic to even a bird could have pecked at this getting to a bug.

Let’s face it there are over a hold million of these trucks on the road and this is he First we have seen this.

Look at my he one photo it had a chip pulled up. A sign something pulled on it.

Nature can be harsh, my buddies Ford truck was eaten several times by chipmunks and ground hogs. They love the plastic on the wires and cowl.

They even went in the garage to chew.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My vehicle is kept in a garage. I really don't believe this is caused by animals. I've taken a look at rain channel trim on other vehicles and this trim appears to be a little cheaper than others. My real debate is taking it in to get it fixed under warranty. You can't really notice it unless you're looking for it and the dealer could do more damage than good if I ask them to replace it.

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
Well I suspect just a bad piece of plastic to even a bird could have pecked at this getting to a bug.

Let’s face it there are over a hold million of these trucks on the road and this is he First we have seen this.

Look at my he one photo it had a chip pulled up. A sign something pulled on it.

Nature can be harsh, my buddies Ford truck was eaten several times by chipmunks and ground hogs. They love the plastic on the wires and cowl.

They even went in the garage to chew.
God damned Keas!
https://youtu.be/xr1xhyaYtjE

Reactions: kmm1412
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.