Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Chevy Colorado I bought the truck a couple months bk. They have bad interior lighting as far as being able to see things at night inside of the cab, For this reason I had trouble knowing if I was pressing the lock or unlock side of the switch. i have the habbit of locking the doors before I get out of the truck by using the switch not the key fob. I noticed that when I pressed lock it would chime twice but would not chime if I pressed unlocked I guess this was a way for the truck to let me know I had pressed lock Instead of unlock. Today I pressed the switch and no chime so I figured I had pressed unlock so I pressed the other side and still no chime. My chime is gone any ideas on what might have caused the lock switch chime to go out. If u have the same truck does yours chime when u press the lock switch to lock your doors with your keys out of ignition before closing the door.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I don't have info on why the chime stopped. But I believe this is a setting for GM vehicles that if you push lock once it chimes. Then it will lock the doors so many seconds after closing the last door. Just in case you need to open the door right away because you left the keys etc. I also believe if you just push lock twice it will lock immediately like other vehicles do.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I believe it's a setting in the infotainment system... Maybe you got an update and that changed your setting?? Just spitballing here... Hope it helps.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I had a 2007 Colorado Z71 and don't remember chimes when locking the doors, but it was always with me in the truck and it was running. I always used the key fob to lock the doors when leaving the truck. I did turn the horn sound off when locking it because that is so annoying. It told me how to change the settings in the manual. You can try asking at the 355 Nation website site also, as it is much more active with the older first Gen Colorado and Canyons. Here's the link: Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum

Reactions: Lombardoziii

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I believe it's a setting in the infotainment system... Maybe you got an update and that changed your setting?? Just spitballing here... Hope it helps.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
It's not an infotainment system in the older first gen trucks. Just a radio and CD player. A much simpler time and, in some ways, better. Less things to break. Although, I don't miss having my console full of CDs. :cool:

Reactions: Lombardoziii
1 - 6 of 6 Posts