Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in law and I are both into vinyl records. When we get together for holidays and such, we typically go on a vinyl hunt. This year's hunt turned up this guy:

My wife and I listen to a fair amount of big band and jazz, and with my grandfather in town (he used to play clarinet and saxophone in the Air Force Band), it was a no brainer. Thought I'd share.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Very cool, how did it sound?
Also into vinyl - have over 1,000 LP’s collected over the years.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I have Perez Prado in my rotation. Hoo!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know yet. I got a whole stack from this metal-oriented record store. They keep the "good stuff" in bins under the racks for whatever the guy checking you out feels like at the time. This time it was $0.50/each, last time was $0.33. I cleaned/cataloged it in, and I think it was played, but it was background with all the people around visiting.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hopefully not drifting too far afield here. I record my vinyl to digital and then copy to a stick to play in the truck. I use Music Bee to organize the digital files. Various pieces of software to go from analog to digital and haven't yet found THE tool to do that. Do others do that and what do you use?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully not drifting too far afield here. I record my vinyl to digital and then copy to a stick to play in the truck. I use Music Bee to organize the digital files. Various pieces of software to go from analog to digital and haven't yet found THE tool to do that. Do others do that and what do you use?
I do not have any ripping equipment. My audio system starts and ends with the record player (and amplifiers and speakers). That said, if you've ripped your records and want to unload the vinyl, let me know!

·
Registered
10,433 Posts
I just purchased a record player that is supposed to allow me to download/upload/something to digital. Haven't had time to learn the process yet. I believe it even has 33/45/78 rpm capabilities.

My sister is the keeper of the vinyl. She has all of my parents albums, and all of our favorite Aunt's albums. I assume she still has all of the 78 RPM albums as well.

I was so glad I had converted all of my CDs to digital files, since my CDs were stolen out of my Jeep a few months later. Plan to add a few albums of music I never re-purchased in CD form in the next few months so I can put a few more tunes on the flash drive in my truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts