Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
its a pretty good cover! its called a truxport made by truxedo... i sell them were i work... pretty easy to install as well

·
Registered
401 Posts
anyone have any reviews on how this cover holds up? I was going to get a BakFlip folding hard cover, but I'm not sure I want to spend that much.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Update: I ordered it tonight.
I will post up a review of it. Just seems like a real good deal since others are close to $400.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had one on my 03 S10 ZR2 for about a month before I rolled the truck. Its a great cover. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it. If my Canyon didn't already have a tonneau installed when I bought it, I was ready to order one of these right away.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Its supposed to be delivered today via FedEx. I probably wont get a chance to install it until Friday though. I'll post pictures and a review once I get it installed.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
jj blunts said:
i got one of those.. i love it.. it just looks silly when you drive around with it rolled up, like a swiss cake roll or something haha..
Don't they all look silly rolled up?

·
Registered
651 Posts
On my first truck, I had the TonneauMaster, which was an excellent rollup cover but kind of pricey. I now have a TruxPort that I bought for two reasons:

1) Price
2) Locking Mechanism

The TruxPort was about $150 less than my TonneauMaster and w/ the positively locking side latches combined w/ the locking tailgate, it's about as secure as you can get w/ a soft tonneau (the TonneauMaster could pop open w/o having the tailgate opened).

I've had mine for over a year now and have no complaints. Installed pretty easily and works just fine. For the money and the flexibility you get (cover + locking ability + rollup feature), it's a great cover (IMO).

I have not experienced ANY water leakage into the bed at all. Better than I expected w/ it.

The other thing I liked about the design was that the profile is relatively flat (fairly low-profile) and the side rails for it go over the bedrails, not extented into the bed. This means your bedrails gain some level of protection by default and that the side rails for the tonneau do not obstruct 2" or so into the bed providing for just a little bit extra clearance in the bed (believe it or not, I did experience problems w/ my previous TonneauMaster where the rails extending into the bed obstructed use of the bed).

JMO

·
Registered
401 Posts
The install went smooth except that I had to trim the front off of the factory bedliner. The front bulkhead cover was making the tonneau cover sit at an angle since I dont have any other bed rail covers.

Other than that, it went smooth. I had to make sure the clamps didnt go up into the holes on the underside of the bed rail (theres 1 hole in the front and 1 in the rear on each side). I didnt notice how much our beds taper in until I installed the tonneau cover. For the tension, I just adjusted it to the lowest setting and that works fine. Plenty of room to go tighter as it loosens up.

As SwampFox said, I like the design of the cover rails as they offer bedrail protection and do not inhibit bed space like other covers I have seen.
Next project is to find a way to make a cover to protect the vinyl when it is rolled up. Something like a cover that protects a boat awning when its flipped back.
I will try and get some pictures this week and I'll upload them to my gallery and link them.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I'd like to know how well it seals out the elements.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have never noticed leakage on my in rain or snow or from ice, including during/after driving or on high wind days. I have checked occasionally as I suspected the seal wasn't as good as my TonneauMaster previously. To my amazement, it has held up just as well for about half the cost.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I dont have a tailgate seal in yet, but from closing the cover and looking around it looks weathertight. However, for what I plan on using it for I dont necessarily need 100% waterproof. Mainly just to carry cargo and still be able to carry 4 people.

·
Registered
401 Posts
So I drove home last night in hard rain for 3.5 hours and everything was still dry in the bed without any tailgate seal. Holds out the water good.

·
Registered
85 Posts
VTCanyon06 said:
The install went smooth except that I had to trim the front off of the factory bedliner. The front bulkhead cover was making the tonneau cover sit at an angle since I dont have any other bed rail covers.
Is your bed liner and over the rails or under the rails type? I'm assuming you wouldn't have to trim an under the rails liner, but I usually assume wrong :)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts