Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to this forum and have a problem. I have an 04 chevy colorado 2.8L 4 Cyl with less than 25K miles on it.

Last night around 8pm i was driving down the road and my check engine light came on. Went and got some oil and ful injector cleaner and changed my oil and put the cleaner in my gas tank. Well it stayed on, so this morning i went to advanced auto parts and used their machine to look at codes it might be popping up, it came back with P1133. The guy thought it might be the oxygen sensor gone bad. So on my way home i was almost to the street i turn down to my house and the check engine light goes off. Could this be from the cleaner and oil change? Also is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening in the future?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Your front 0xygen sensor is the most likely culprit. I had the same code. I went to gmpartsdirect.com and got an original one for like 48 bucks which is 30 cheaper than what Autozone wanted to charge me. Very easy to put in. There are others who will jump in on here that say to replace both of them, but I only replaced the one and it has been fine ever since.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
I don't see any point in replacing both. Just a waste of money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should i still go ahead and replace the oxygen sensor even though my light went out? Also thanks for the help guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts