Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went and bought a replacement interstate battery that the interstate books say fit exactly in the colorado but the caps interfere with the lid closing on the batterycorrectly so i cant hook the terminals up w/o cutting a hole in the box cover for the caps. does anyone know a good replacement battery other than stock that will fit and be relitivily cheap?(under 90 dollars)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nearest sams club is 60 mi away and couldnt find a batterie from costco but i tryed autozone and they sayed 128 and that is outragous for just that.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
Dillusion said:
News flash.

Batteries are not cheap.
x2. Do yourself a favor and get a good battery.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I got my Optima Redtop for 129 from farm and fleet, Autozone wanted 135 for a regular battery. I've paid no more than 75 previously for any battery. I don't see how the price doubled for a smaller battery. Also my Redtop does 720CA and 910CCA. I jumped a friends civic without turning my truck back on. :) The truck started right back up no problems and it was about 20 degrees out.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont have that kind of money to put into the battery at this moment. but i need something temporary till winter then i can put the cheap battery in the mud runner jeep and buy the expensive one. (theres no car shows in the winter.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Seems like you already have a cheap one. Just take the lid off and be done with it for now. I don't have the lid with my optima because it was one more thing to put back on in the freezing temps when I swapped mine out.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks like i talked my dad into helping buying a ac delco battery. thats good enough for me cause i wont have it by the time it goes bad( hopefuly)

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Canyon & Colorado both use a BCI 86 or group 86. NAPA Auto Parts offers this BAT in a top post / side post part # 9986/75 which fits battery box perfect. It is expensive around $ 150.00. :!:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts