Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have the regular AC and am wondering if I can change the control head to the auto. I have the remote start and it would be great to have the auto AC
Is this possible?
Is is cost effective?
Anyone done this?
Just looking for some input. Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
not possible. tried and didn't work.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I wouldn't say not possible but, as an HVAC tech, I would say not cost efficient.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Hey guys I have the regular AC and am wondering if I can change the control head to the auto. I have the remote start and it would be great to have the auto AC
Is this possible?
Is is cost effective?
Anyone done this?
Just looking for some input. Thanks
After reading stuff here I would say you are absolutely bonkers to want to do this.

Why do you say it would be great to have with remote start? Regular AC is great to have with remote start, just FYI.....

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
Considering all of the sensors involved, start by ripping out your dash. If that doesn't cause you any concern, then we can talk about step 2.

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
i just as soon have non-automatic since i adjust the a/c to blow out the vents anyway. it will still adjust the temp to where its set in auto but it will go from vent to floor etc automatically and sometimes i don't like cold air blowing on my feet before the temp settles

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I have had "Auto A/C & Heat" in 4 vehicles since 2009.

I have tried letting it "do it's thing" and in the end, always went to manual mode.

The only climate it worked ok was in warmer Spring or Summer temps. Otherwise, it was always self adjusting and blew either too hot or too cold air until after the cabin stabilized which took about 30 minutes of driving time.

I found it better to just use in manual mode and set and direct air/temp where I wanted and needed it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.