Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Ceramic coating photo shoot

9K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Slally0470 
#1 ·
Full disclosure, this shoot was only supposed to be my truck on my land...the photographer asked me if I had guns because it fit the style of my truck and he asked me to jump
In haha! Anyway, I did a ten hour paint correction and ceramic coating on my truck and it looked too good to not shoot professionally so, here ya go.
Gun Firearm Rifle Shooting Shooting sport
Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Vehicle door Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Rim Auto part
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Grille Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Off-road vehicle
Automotive tire Vehicle Car Tire Off-roading
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle door Vehicle Wheel
Automotive tire Vehicle Car Tire Off-roading
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle door Vehicle Wheel

See less See more
#3 ·
Truck looks good, my last truck was black and it looked pretty all washed and dressed up
the perp needs to join the dollar shave club,,,, j/k

#5 ·
The truck looks great and hope mine turns out as good when I add the coating to it.

For the record, the photographer is correct about your truck and having the gun, plus being a fellow veteran, the whole package works, at least in my opinion.

#6 ·
Heck yea man. Good luck!

The trick is to get your paint correction as perfect as you can. Wash it really well by hand. Then clay it. Then wash it. And clay is once more. Touch up any chips. Let it dry and then clay it once more. Polish. And then add the ceramic coat. Let it dry completely for 24 hours plus. In a warm and dry garage. Throw a space heater in there but not too high or too close to the truck. Mainly to dry and warm the air. That should do it

#10 ·
Looks Nice! You're gonna love the hydrophobic quality .... Did my white Canyon a few months ago.. I look forward to washing it now... Nothing sticks, much easier to wash, Especially using a DI water system

I don't think you'll regret the time you spent doing it

#11 ·
That's a lot of of clay action..is that really Necessary? I own some guns myself but don't think I'd post pictures of em and myself at this juncture in our society. Nice truck though. Ain't trying to nay-say just trying to saysay in an adult respectful way.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#13 ·
That's a lot of of clay action..is that really Necessary? I own some guns myself but don't think I'd post pictures of em and myself at this juncture in our society. Nice truck though. Ain't trying to nay-say just trying to saysay in an adult respectful way.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
For me it was only because I always took it through normal washes that beat up the paint quite a bit. I wanted it to glean! Also, society is only bad on social media. Real life it appears to be very much less lame

#15 ·
Absolutely. Ceramic coating is basically a longer term wax. From what I remember reading (correct me if I’m wrong oh internet gods) it’s silica based and it binds chemically to your paint to create a long lasting, hydro phobic, protective barrier to scratches, bugs, sunlight, water spots, etc.

The process is all about the prep. It’s like a clear coat so anything you don’t correct, will show. To do a proper ceramic coat, you have to do all your paint correction first. That means a couple really good hand washes, a clay treatment, buff session and finally hand application and dry time of the ceramic compound.

The ceramic itself is applied as a liquid spread with micro suede, the finest cloth possible to avoid streaking. This can be done to all the cars surfaces. Even the wheels so that brake dust can simply rinse off. Once applied, a second coat can also be applied and then allowed to dry for 24-48 hrs. In a warm, dry, dark setting. Like a garage with a space heater. Some professionals even bake the ceramic on using an oven treatment. It’s pricey but they typically can do more. That’s why it’s costs upwards of 2 grand for them to do this to a truck like mine. I got that quote and decided instead to go buy a pressure washer and all the tools I needed to diy.

Hope that helps! Definitely need a good variable speed buffer for the paint correction process. A good pressure washer, foam cannon, hand micro sponge, touch up paint and the ceramic coat and applicator.

#26 ·
Thanks man

yea man it’s all about the prep. Ceramic coating will not hide any paint issues so if y up are paint isn’t perfect before, it won’t be better after. So it’s super important to do a thoroughly wash, clay and really more than likely a paint correction process where you buff, polish and then ceramic or if your paint needs a lot of work, wet sanding buff and polish first. The ceramic coating itself takes the least amount of time. It’s all the prep work that takes the most to get the job done correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.