Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somehow a cheap USB phone cord broke my center console USB/3.5mm port. Now when a plug in a cord, it doesn't charge, or initiate the Android Auto, and it looks like part of the internals are now broken off, so I need to replace this port. I was able to take the side panel of the console off and was able to push the holding clips on the bottom of the port and free the bottom, but the top of the port is still connected and I do not know how to get access to release it. There is not much access, even after the side panel is removed. Any suggestions or knowledge as to what else I need to remove to get access? Also, does anyone know the part number for the replacement USB/3.5mm port? Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is the one that us under the dash, not in the center storage compartment by the seats. Does anyone know how to get this port out? I just don't know what all to remove to get access to the top part, to release the clip.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Pop the side panel off of the center console on the lower front. It's just an overpriced Mini USB in a Molex connector for the 15-18s, not sure what changes were made for newer models.

Here's the back of the USB/AUX connector for the 15-18s, it's the one on the bottom with two ports. One connector for AUX, the other is that Molex MiniUSB abortion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I replaced my port with part # 13509942 it has 2 usb ports and the 3.5mm port as a bonus both ports are available to android auto and have a higher charge rate (almost double according to the Ampere app on my phone) than my old port. Attached are the replacement instructions with pictures.

Attachments

Reactions: Bodyguard_29

·
Registered
203 Posts
I want to wire one to come out of my non Bose cubby but don’t know if they have a Y cable that splits the usb connection at the back of the radio.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I want to wire one to come out of my non Bose cubby but don’t know if they have a Y cable that splits the usb connection at the back of the radio.
It's connection is literally just a Mini-USB, you could add a Y splitter Mini USB and it should achieve that. Whether it will trigger AA or Carplay is not as sure. But if you're just after charging it will be fine.

Plastic Auto part Composite material Font Electronics accessory

1 - 8 of 8 Posts