Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Neither of those new rigs can hold a candle to that '67. Wow.

That is a blue color I really like. More subtle than the Kinetic/Laser/Epileptic Adjective blue shades currently offered.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
67 was nice till the rockers rotted away by 1972 and you would get splashed hitting a puddle.

While there was good in the past there was still a lot of bumps people tend to forget.
Really?
A bunch of us had 67-72 K/5's and C-10's that we wheeled in the late 70's/early 80's, and rusting was never an issue.
Now the 73+'s, you could hear those rusting in the driveway.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really?
A bunch of us had 67-72 K/5's and C-10's that we wheeled in the late 70's/early 80's, and rusting was never an issue.
Now the 73+'s, you could hear those rusting in the driveway.

Here in the mid west the rockers were the weak area. I have been in some where you could see the ground with the door shut. They at least make panels now to make it easy to repair them if you restore one.

I saw many with speed limit signs for floors. We were Rat Rodders before they were popular. LOL!

Yep on the 73-76 rotted fast and 77 and up were a little better. We had two Sierra Grande's from 77 and 78 that looked like the one on Rockford. Both held up well even after a lot of plowing snow and to major crashes on the one.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Darn it. I have been wanting blue badges since my 2003 Impala had one, and those would look nice on my 2017 silver Colorado. Hope they are interchangable.

·
Registered
303 Posts
jcar302 down in the comments below the article pretty much nailed it:
Since when is a adding chrome tow hooks, door handles, trim and mirrors a good thing?"Here's your special edition with no extra power, no new suspension parts, oh and we made it look worse", enjoy...Thanks chevy
The 67 is nice but they could have picked a better example. Don't care much for the non period wheels......

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Neither of those new rigs can hold a candle to that '67. Wow.

That is a blue color I really like. More subtle than the Kinetic/Laser/Epileptic Adjective blue shades currently offered.

X2, that is a really nice color blue, much better than the ones offered right now.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Is the hood on the Colorado different than the 2015-2017? it looks a little more sculpted.

It might be but it could also be specific to that edition of the Z71. I actually like that hood and wouldn't you know it, after I have my ZR2 hood already to go on my 2018 Z71, GM might have come out with a nice looking OEM non ZR2 hood. :crying:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.