Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excited to join a new community here and take on new knowledge against future projects with this awesome resource!

Coming from a lifted 2010 Subaru Forester and jumping into a new Chevy Colorado! It's 2017, brand new I got for a great deal due to it being old stock.

So many options on it, my wife an I plan to keep it forever...

Ordered up a bedliner and a center console tray. That's probably all that's in the mix for awhile. But I have a lot to reading to do here anyways!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Score - great find & sweet look'n truck. Enjoy making it yours.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Nice!

And you didn't even have to wait till next winter to try it out in snow. LOL

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Whoa, a NEW 2017? That's surprising. I hope the truck serves you well for a long time.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Welcome!
Cancel the bed liner. If you really want a bed liner get a spray in.
The drop ins are just good for trapping dirt and moisture = corrosion and destroying the bed out of sight.

I had spray ins on both of my last two trucks, on this one I thought about it, but decided against it. Who cares if it gets beat up inside the bed? If it starts to rust I'll just sand it and get a spray in installed.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Welcome!
Cancel the bed liner. If you really want a bed liner get a spray in.
The drop ins are just good for trapping dirt and moisture = corrosion and destroying the bed out of sight.

I had spray ins on both of my last two trucks, on this one I thought about it, but decided against it. Who cares if it gets beat up inside the bed? If it starts to rust I'll just sand it and get a spray in installed.

I have a spray in, I would rather have the drop in. That way I can slide landscaping blocks, bags of cement and other items to the front, with out having to set them on the tail gate. then climbing in the bed, then picking them up AGAIN and setting them towards the front. What a pain. I have straps so things would not slide. It might take 10-15 years for a bed liner to rub the paint off and possibly cause a little bit of rust...

·
Registered
939 Posts
I had the plastic one in for a year before I finally got my spray in done and the plastic was already through the clear coat in spots.

Nice looking truck and welcome

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very opinionated folks on bed protection! Haha

Hey I get it though. But here's my thought. Bed will be used for soft gear. No rocks cement etc for at least 5 years probably. A spray in line-x is the going to be a final result at some point probably though but dang that's more than a monthly payment, so holding off for now. Will cover any defects later anyways..

My dad bought a truck at the same dealership as me when I was just a little shaver. He tossed a rubber bed mat in and he replaced it once in the... 28 years he's had the truck. It's a Chevy k2500 with only 110k on it or so. Bed is scratched here and there... been used for tons of different thing he just always had a company car... But obviously the mat did the job for our dogs, trips etc when I grew up.

So why not follow suit with the cheapest option when really just for now I'm only throwing soft gear and a dog in the back. Rubber mat shows tmrw via Amazon (hate buying from them anymore). $80 deezee. Should be sufficient until I owe less...

My biggest aftermarket priority now is a height adjustable bed rack. Which I can get half off from Thule. Still $400+ but I will want and need to bring the paddle boards places. Season pretty much already started.

That will be my first big aftermarket purchase I'm sure.

·
Registered
485 Posts
You said need liner, not rubber mat. I was thinking the plastic drop in. I agree with rubber mats. I put one in my truck. The one I put is not specifically a truck bed mat. It came from Amazon Warehouse Deals and I trimmed it to fit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You said need liner, not rubber mat. I was thinking the plastic drop in. I agree with rubber mats. I put one in my truck. The one I put is not specifically a truck bed mat. It came from Amazon Warehouse Deals and I trimmed it to fit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
My apologies from lack of proper lingo.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Waxed the truck today. Got the bed mat in and played around with the mobile hotspot deal. Pretty cool....

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
One more opinion from the peanut gallery about bed mats. On my 2017 Ext Cab (6ft box) I had the rubber mat. When I traded for my 2018 crew cab (5 ft bed) I put in a Bullet spray in liner.

In retrospect, had the rubber mat from my 17 fit my new truck I’d have forgone the spray in. Each one serves it purpose and either one is an excellent choice.

Gusto!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hear you and I think the Mat will be sufficient for our needs... gallery always welcome... Isn't that the point of a forun. Ha.

Love being part of an active forum again. And having so much information at hand...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ha, yeah these guys will help you spend your money with no trouble at all! I must say, this is a fun forum to be on, It's full of wisdom and personalities.😉

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got about 22000 Chevy points. That's good for some premium floor mats or a hood guard/bug deflector... For free!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Planning for both. Thinking I'll use it for the mats and buy the deflector from a vendor here....

Priced out the Thule adjustable bed rack today via employee pricing. Ordered it up. Decided to get the xsporter in black. Need to be able to lug the paddle boards to the lake... No rtt for me so the weight limit of 450# is fine. Should have it installed in about a week or so.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
About this Discussion
106 Replies
14 Participants
Mtn_man
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing