Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 colly. I am planning on gutting the cat this weekend. Besides the CEL being on, will there be any mechanical issues I need to be worried about? I just recieved the loaner pcm from pcmforless today so mine wont get back to me in time for the weekend. I plan on letting Kelly know to disable the 02 sensor at the manifold. I need to know pretty soon so help me out. Thanks ya'll.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe my question is too wordy. Will I have any problems with my cat being gutted besides the check engine light being on?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I don't recall anyone having trouble with the check engine light. is that must a problem with 07's+? I have an 05 and I gutted the cat and no problems. hmmm, something to do with the O2 sensor?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea the 07 + have a different setup. 02 is in located before and after the manifold cat.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
true but i figured since im sending my pcm in for a new tune, i might as well have them disable to 02 sensor. So im assuming I wont experience any probems other than the CEL. That of course will be fixed once I get my PCM back.

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
I don't see any other issues. Just make sure you take clean out all the old catalyst material and don't let it clog up your exhaust. Make sure it all gets out.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
O2 simulators do not work on our trucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts