Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone familiar with Cascadia4x4?

I‘ve tinkered with solar on my truck and even designed/built a DIY version of the Cascadia4x4 VSS.

Obviously the price is high but their product intrigues me. The design is sleek but I’ve never heard of them before. My version looks cheap but it only cost about $150.

Maybe some of the members in the Cascadia area are familiar with them.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Those guys are priced ridiculously high.

I ran (still running) a 100w flexible Suaoki panel on the roof of my Tacoma. Eventually it started the peel the top layer, but she still produces power.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have heard good things about ZAMP solar, but also uber expensive. I was looking at the 230 watt folding suitcase style at about $975. I just don't have that kind of money laying around. Saving up now for a S6 w/1TB memory for our off grid travels.

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heard good things about ZAMP solar, but also uber expensive. I was looking at the 230 watt folding suitcase style at about $975. I just don't have that kind of money laying around. Saving up now for a S6 w/1TB memory for our off grid travels.
I recommend building your own solar setup. You'll save a ton.

Forgive my ignorance but how does a S6 w/1TB memory help off grid travels? I Googled it and it looks like a tablet to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts