Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Like most of other user here it does NOT work in my wife’s 2019 Chevy Volt with infotainment 3.
Doesn’t even show up on the screen.
However It does work perfectly in my 2020 Ram 🤷‍♂️
It seems that’s compatibility is very random!
UPDATE!
plugged it into my ram and checked for a software update and there was one!
updated the dongle andit now work perfectly in the volt 2019 with infotainment 3!
will be ordering a second one for my wife!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Which adapter do you have? If all I have is a Chevy how would one update the firmware?
I have the CPlay2air model
I received an email yesterday form them yesterday saying that all new orders ship with latest firmware.

·
Registered
483 Posts
If you get the CarPlay, the instruction manual gives you an IP address to go to for manual updates, IIRC. You need to be connected with your phone, and it's pretty easy. I have experienced the delay with connecting after short errands like has been stated. First time in the truck, after long stops, and occasionally even after short stops it connects right away. Occasionally after short stops, it takes it a few minutes to get connected. It's pretty seamless otherwise. I definitely enjoy being able to just drop my phone on the wireless charger and everything just works. Definitely recommend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If your truck has Infotainment 3 it does not work, that's MY 2019+. The company states that it works with the 2019+ and I ordered one. IT DOES NOT WORK. It did work in Miata. The company's customer service is pretty bad too. They wanted me to pay for shipping back to China, told me to lie on the declaration so it wouldn't have to sit in customs and told me I would have to pay a restocking fee. They could care less that they lied on their website. I never sent it back as I refuse to do something illegal to get my money back.
it now works on infotainment 3 with nov 2020 firmware update.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Based off of recent posts am I to assume there are no longer any issues using the CPlay2air with our trucks?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ve been using it in my wife’s car for almost 2 weeks and it works great. Connects in about 15 seconds every time

·
Registered
483 Posts
Mine still does the extended time to connect after short trips, but I haven't been anywhere with reliable cell service in a while, and certainly not for any extended period of time. I'll have to check if there are any updates the next time I'm down in the flats.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just received mine today and it practically set itself up after I plugged it in.
The only issue I have with it is that I used to access my ITunes' playlists in CarPlay through the Browse button. Now it says "No Content" when i attempt to use it. I had to access my Playlists directly through the phone. Kind of defeats the purpose of using the CPlay2air dongle.
One curiosity I do have is whether the volume level and quality of sound is similar to what I had when the phone was plugged in utilizing CarPlay. It didn't seem to be, but I'll keep checking it to see if I can really tell the difference.
Finally, now I have to figure out how I'm going to keep the phone charged. Like most others, my Iphone Xr won't fit in the OEM charging "station." I ordered a Qi charging pad (It's slightly too large) that I'm going store in the cubby forward of the gear shifter, but I think I'll be able to manage until I decide whether or not I'm going to do something more permanent, or not.

·
Registered
171 Posts
......I have to figure out how I'm going to keep the phone charged. Like most others, my Iphone Xr won't fit in the OEM charging "station." I ordered a Qi charging pad (It's slightly too large) that I'm going store in the cubby forward of the gear shifter.
Although I considered doing a permanent install for charging like I saw posted elsewhere, I decided on a much simpler approach as I'm "that guy" who, when he attempts some modification to something, usually ends up with a worse problem than what I was trying to fix. LOL. I was a little concerned it might be slightly too big for the cubby space but it turned out to fit just fine.

All I have to do is lay my phone in the cubby and it begins its charge.

IMG_E2463.JPG

All in all the CPlay2air works well, except for the lag when forwarding/reversing songs (I can live with that). However, it sometimes shows the truck system's Browse function, which I used fairly frequently,

IMG_2470.JPG

and other times it doesn't.
IMG_2468.JPG

What I also noticed is that the CarPlay screen is correct, but the truck's system screen doesn't reflect what is playing in CarPlay and, in fact, seems to freeze up. This is what was actually playing at the time I took the above pics.

IMG_2471.JPG

Tried an update, hoping it might correct things, but to no avail as it said I have the latest version.

IMG_2466.PNG

Can I live with it? For now, I will, unless something greater comes along.

·
Registered
2021 GMC AT4 Crew Cab
4 Posts
Do the steering wheel controls work with the wireless CarPlay adapters?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Do the steering wheel controls work with the wireless CarPlay adapters?
Sometimes, yes, and sometimes no. While it was great when it worked, it didn't always work. Too often I had to use the screen to change tracks. I have since stopped using it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
it now works on infotainment 3 with nov 2020 firmware update.
Can confirm this as well with the carlinkit too. My carplay2air stopped working, I think I bricked it trying to update it some months back. So I bought the carlinkit off amazon for $110 I think. Works really well. Connects pretty fast too, faster than the carplay2air did on my old ford explorer sport. Steering wheel controls work, siri button works.

·
Registered
10 Posts
According to the dealership when I bought my AT4 2 weeks ago, I was told GM will be doing an OTA update this year to make carplay compatible with bluetooth

·
Registered
9 Posts
According to the dealership when I bought my AT4 2 weeks ago, I was told GM will be doing an OTA update this year to make carplay compatible with bluetooth
Would be wonderful. I thought it was a hardware problem not a software issue. If it’s a simple update I don’t know why it hasn’t been installed from the start. BMW has had Bluetooth CarPlay for years now...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same with Audi/VW. I wouldn’t mind wired car play if we had a USB port in the center console. My WRX has that but my 2015 doesn’t have a touchscreen, it was the last year a touchscreen wasn’t standard I’ve been wanting to change out the head unit for one with carplay. One of these days...

I was excited for car play in the AT4, after using it for 3 days I no longer care for it.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts