Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Really bugs me that phone companies ate allowed to slow down phones on purpose on updates to try and convince people to buy new phones.
We are the enemy. Consumers care more about the camera megapixels and color of the case than anything else.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
If you want I can mail you mine and you can test it out. If it doesn't work just send it back and if you want it, I'll sell it to you for $50.00
Thanks for the response and offer. I think I will wait for more reviews and information. It's not clear to me that it works as it should.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just wanted to give my experience with this device. I bought a carplay2air originally to use with a 2014 Ford Explorer sport with an upgraded sync 3 unit. It worked pretty well.
Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I bought a 2020 Canyon and the device no longer works. As others have said, Infotainment 3 units it will not work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone tried the CarPlay wireless adapter? What's your experience? Certainly favorable over the USB cable.

CPLAY2air wireless adapter for factory CarPlay on CARPLAY2air.com
Well for me it didn't, I have a 2020 Colorado. I have been emailing back and forth with them for almost 2 weeks. Now the return window is closing. They sent me return instructions that state I have to pay return shipping with tracking $35.00 to China and that if its working when returned they will deduct $25.00 from my return. This is crazy, I paid 115 for it with a discount code. So its going to cost me more than 50% to return it. I am disputing it with Paypal, that is how I paid just incase this happened. We will see.....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well for me it didn't, I have a 2020 Colorado. I have been emailing back and forth with them for almost 2 weeks. Now the return window is closing. They sent me return instructions that state I have to pay return shipping with tracking $35.00 to China and that if its working when returned they will deduct $25.00 from my return. This is crazy, I paid 115 for it with a discount code. So its going to cost me more than 50% to return it. I am disputing it with Paypal, that is how I paid just incase this happened. We will see.....
Thank you for responding! Seems no joy with these folks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok, I have a 2020 Colorado. I have two dongles carplay2air and carlinkit 2. I’ve gotten both to work with infotainment 3. Can’t quit get it dialed in to recognize the device every time. But when it does connect it is nearly flawless and does exactly what it is supposed to do. It connects almost every time with a cold start, first thing in the morning. But if I have a quick run into the store and back out, forget about it.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I think My phones battery would just drain

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Ok, I have a 2020 Colorado. I have two dongles carplay2air and carlinkit 2. I’ve gotten both to work with infotainment 3. Can’t quit get it dialed in to recognize the device every time. But when it does connect it is nearly flawless and does exactly what it is supposed to do. It connects almost every time with a cold start, first thing in the morning. But if I have a quick run into the store and back out, forget about it.
This crap happens with Blue tooth connection. I have to unplug the fone before starting the engine, and get out and back in.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I was hopeful the lack of functionality with the latest system was a simple software update issue. The intermittent connection doesn't sound good though. Can you elaborate? What does it do exactly, when, what seems to be the cause, have you tried any workarounds, and have any worked?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was hopeful the lack of functionality with the latest system was a simple software update issue. The intermittent connection doesn't sound good though. Can you elaborate? What does it do exactly, when, what seems to be the cause, have you tried any workarounds, and have any worked?
I have tried every workaround I know. I have forgotten the iPhone AND forgotten the Bluetooth connection to mychervy so that I’m only dealing with the wireless CarPlay and not two connections. This works great for a while, from a cold start. Seemed that when you switch the Colorado off for less than an hour or so the power is still going to the USB port, which confuses the dongle. You start back up and the usb dongle is not always recognized, so doesn’t always connect. Damn close. This thing is perfect when it works. Just connects and in 30 seconds you are using wireless carplay. Other times, it is frustrating as can be. i think the solution is in the start up, power up, routine.

·
Registered
489 Posts
So, I wouldn't want this dongle laying around in the cab. If I were to pull power from a keyed fuse, run it to a USB port and the dongle inside the dash somewhere, is it your understanding from this that it would work flawlessly as intended?

·
Registered
11 Posts
So, I wouldn't want this dongle laying around in the cab. If I were to pull power from a keyed fuse, run it to a USB port and the dongle inside the dash somewhere, is it your understanding from this that it would work flawlessly as intended?
I’m still trying to figure it out for myself. From what I have researched, if you create the delay it will work 99-100 percent. Mine works great, with all the controls on the steering wheel, etc, working great, though every now and then it fails to connect. I’m now trying to figure out if the 10 second delay will solve my issues and give me reliable wireless CarPlay.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have the carplay2air and have the same issues with connecting. I got a usb extension cable with on/off switch so I can easily reset it after I start the truck. Just needs to be for data and power. After resetting it it will usually connect right away as usual. I imagine the relay with delay will work fine. I have another issue where the audio gets distorted but I think it is because I have an older phone.

RIITOP USB Extension Cable with ON/Off Switch USB Male to Female Cable Support (Data and Power) for USB Headset, LED Strips(2-Pack) Amazon.com: RIITOP USB Extension Cable with ON/Off Switch USB Male to Female Cable Support (Data and Power) for USB Headset, LED Strips(2-Pack): Home Audio & Theater

·
Registered
489 Posts
It sounds like the easiest/lowest cost test is to simply make it a point to turn the key at least to the accessory position within 10 seconds of opening the door. Count Mississippis even. If it really is as simple as that, if no one beats me to it, I'll almost assuredly find a place under the dash to mount a key-powered USB port and the dongle. Of course, if the devs get the note about repeat/delayed polling it may just be another update down the road. Even if that's the case, I'd still want it mounted inside the dash to keep things tidy.

I had to go back and look. Anglocock, you state that you have both the Carlinkit 2 and carplay2air. Which device is the above in reference to? is one better than the other?

·
Registered
11 Posts
It sounds like the easiest/lowest cost test is to simply make it a point to turn the key at least to the accessory position within 10 seconds of opening the door. Count Mississippis even. If it really is as simple as that, if no one beats me to it, I'll almost assuredly find a place under the dash to mount a key-powered USB port and the dongle. Of course, if the devs get the note about repeat/delayed polling it may just be another update down the road. Even if that's the case, I'd still want it mounted inside the dash to keep things tidy.

I had to go back and look. Anglocock, you state that you have both the Carlinkit 2 and carplay2air. Which device is the above in reference to? is one better than the other?
They both are about the same devices. the 2.0 carlinkit may be a little bit more responsive...faster. The relay thing is that you don’t want power to go to the dongle from usb before infotainment gets up and running, for it will be looking for your phones bluetooth as soon as you open the door and get in the seat. The delay is to allow all the processes to finish, before the dongle starts looking for your phone. I ordered one. I’ll let y’all know.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts