Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
If your truck has Infotainment 3 it does not work, that's MY 2019+. The company states that it works with the 2019+ and I ordered one. IT DOES NOT WORK. It did work in Miata. The company's customer service is pretty bad too. They wanted me to pay for shipping back to China, told me to lie on the declaration so it wouldn't have to sit in customs and told me I would have to pay a restocking fee. They could care less that they lied on their website. I never sent it back as I refuse to do something illegal to get my money back.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Note too from what I have read the wheel controls will not work.

Can anyone confirm to dispel this point?

·
Registered
59 Posts
<deleted>

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your truck has Infotainment 3 it does not work, that's MY 2019+. The company states that it works with the 2019+ and I ordered one. IT DOES NOT WORK. It did work in Miata. The company's customer service is pretty bad too. They wanted me to pay for shipping back to China, told me to lie on the declaration so it wouldn't have to sit in customs and told me I would have to pay a restocking fee. They could care less that they lied on their website. I never sent it back as I refuse to do something illegal to get my money back.
Thanks for the response. My Canyon is a 2018. Not sure about infotainment 3? It has GPS and CarPlay.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Thanks for the response. My Canyon is a 2018. Not sure about infotainment 3? It has GPS and CarPlay.
If you want I can mail you mine and you can test it out. If it doesn't work just send it back and if you want it, I'll sell it to you for $50.00

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thanks for that, Emulous74! I have had that on my back burner since before I got my truck. A new baby and the pandemic have kept me from doing anything with the truck at all really (including driving it), or I would have already bought one and learned the same lesson.

Since it seems the bluetooth based CarPlay components are all there and functional and work amongst themselves, do you think there's any chance for an OTA update to get that working?

·
Registered
951 Posts
I don't think it will work on the Infotainment 3 (2019+) until someone can crack the new encryption GM is using. I have made a suggestion to the accessories group that this would be a good and profitable thing to offer.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Here's another potential drawback from The Verge:
One issue some early wireless CarPlay and Android Auto users have reported is that projecting the smartphone’s operations over Wi-Fi tends to drain a smartphone’s battery rather quickly, meaning drivers may wind up having to plug in on longer drives anyway — unless, that is, their car also offers wireless charging.

·
Registered
49 Posts
"Yep DOES NOT WORK on +2019 ordered mine like 2 days before this post and just got it. No joy it does not fucntion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone tried the CarPlay wireless adapter? What's your experience? Certainly favorable over the USB cable.

CPLAY2air wireless adapter for factory CarPlay on CARPLAY2air.com
I tried it. Allow me to shed some light on the online retailer operating as “Solutions4Auto” that sells the CPLAY2air branded adapter on the CARPLAY2air.com website. Solutions4Auto gives the appearance of being a U.S. business, but there are many indications that it is not. I will discuss them below.

The address of Solutions4Auto, as provided in the CARPLAY2air.com website, is “364 E Main Street, Suite 1012, Middletown, DE 19709”. It matches a mailbox at The UPS Store #4755 which is located at a strip mall (The UPS Store Middletown: Shipping & Packing, Printing and Mailboxes at 364 E Main St, in Middletown, DE). According to an employee of The UPS Store #4755, mailbox 1012 is inactive. Whether or not Solutions4Auto has an active mailbox can be easily verified by calling The UPS Store #4755 at (302) 378-7778.

The phone number provided by Solutions4Auto on the CARPLAY2air.com website is “+13475147601”. It is reported as a landline in New York, but it is not in service. Calling (347) 514-7601 results in the following recorded message: “The number that you have dialed is not in service. Message C6002.” This is also easy to verify.

The CARPLAY2air.com website (Terms Of Service) claims to operate “in accordance with the laws of Gerosios Vilties g. 20-26 Vilnius LT 03145”. That is an address Lithuania that can be searched on Google Maps. The available Street View does not give the appearance of being a business location. Give it a try.

Customers returning the CPLAY2air adapter are instructed to ship it, at their expense, to the following address:
Alex
JinRong Dasha
Huicheng District
Huizhou City
GuangDong Province
China
Postal: 516000
Phone: +8618379715520

The phone number above appears on the website of Newcarplay (http://newcarplay.com). It is unclear whether Newcarplay does business as Solutions4Auto, or if it is only the contract manufacturer of a device that another entity, doing business as Solutions4Auto, sells under the CPLAY2air brandname.

What is certain is that nowhere on the Shipping and Returns page (Shipping and Returns) of the CARPLAY2air.com website is it stated that returns must be shipped to China at the buyer’s expense.

A scam is generally understood as the act of obtaining something of value through deception or fraud. It is a word easily thrown around by dissatisfied consumers. However, these facts, may provide the elements of a scam.

A consumer visits a polished website run by a retailer that displays a business address in the United States, features the ApplePay logo, offers 24/7 tech support, free shipping, “guaranteed performance,” a 1-year warranty, and accepts returns. After finding his vehicle among a long list of supported brands and years, the consumer places an order and his credit card is charged in the amount of $129.95.

Then, after not being able to get the CPLAY2air adapter to work, the consumer finds that he was misled about the CPLAY2air adapter being compatible with his vehicle, that he must pay for the return shipping to China (think $36.45), and that he was deceived into thinking that he was doing business with an online retailer in the United States. And, on top of that, the consumer faces the possibility of being charged a $25 restocking fee for the the return.

Hopefully, this post will contribute to other U.S. consumers not having to face a similar situation.

·
Registered
16 Canyon SLT, V6, 4X4, Longbed, Cyber Metallic Gray
736 Posts
If you want I can mail you mine and you can test it out. If it doesn't work just send it back and if you want it, I'll sell it to you for $50.00
So on my 16, if I use this, I can use my android auto wireless instead of plugging in?
I would be very interested in this.
What would this change or, how to work ?
I will look this up.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Is this just like
Carlink
That is on Ebay for under $60 ?
And version on Amazon for $40 ?

Any difference between any of them ?

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
252 Posts
Is this just like
Carlink
That is on Ebay for under $60 ?
And version on Amazon for $40 ?

Any difference between any of them ?
From what I understand, those are for aftermarket car stereos with Carplay or AA.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have a 16 with android auto and nav.
I just would like to run android auto wireless, instead of plugging phone in, and not loose any features.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I tried it. Allow me to shed some light on the online retailer operating as “Solutions4Auto” that sells the CPLAY2air branded adapter on the CARPLAY2air.com website. Solutions4Auto gives the appearance of being a U.S. business, but there are many indications that it is not. I will discuss them below.

The address of Solutions4Auto, as provided in the CARPLAY2air.com website, is “364 E Main Street, Suite 1012, Middletown, DE 19709”. It matches a mailbox at The UPS Store #4755 which is located at a strip mall (The UPS Store Middletown: Shipping & Packing, Printing and Mailboxes at 364 E Main St, in Middletown, DE). According to an employee of The UPS Store #4755, mailbox 1012 is inactive. Whether or not Solutions4Auto has an active mailbox can be easily verified by calling The UPS Store #4755 at (302) 378-7778.

The phone number provided by Solutions4Auto on the CARPLAY2air.com website is “+13475147601”. It is reported as a landline in New York, but it is not in service. Calling (347) 514-7601 results in the following recorded message: “The number that you have dialed is not in service. Message C6002.” This is also easy to verify.

The CARPLAY2air.com website (Terms Of Service) claims to operate “in accordance with the laws of Gerosios Vilties g. 20-26 Vilnius LT 03145”. That is an address Lithuania that can be searched on Google Maps. The available Street View does not give the appearance of being a business location. Give it a try.

Customers returning the CPLAY2air adapter are instructed to ship it, at their expense, to the following address:
Alex
JinRong Dasha
Huicheng District
Huizhou City
GuangDong Province
China
Postal: 516000
Phone: +8618379715520

The phone number above appears on the website of Newcarplay (http://newcarplay.com). It is unclear whether Newcarplay does business as Solutions4Auto, or if it is only the contract manufacturer of a device that another entity, doing business as Solutions4Auto, sells under the CPLAY2air brandname.

What is certain is that nowhere on the Shipping and Returns page (Shipping and Returns) of the CARPLAY2air.com website is it stated that returns must be shipped to China at the buyer’s expense.

A scam is generally understood as the act of obtaining something of value through deception or fraud. It is a word easily thrown around by dissatisfied consumers. However, these facts, may provide the elements of a scam.

A consumer visits a polished website run by a retailer that displays a business address in the United States, features the ApplePay logo, offers 24/7 tech support, free shipping, “guaranteed performance,” a 1-year warranty, and accepts returns. After finding his vehicle among a long list of supported brands and years, the consumer places an order and his credit card is charged in the amount of $129.95.

Then, after not being able to get the CPLAY2air adapter to work, the consumer finds that he was misled about the CPLAY2air adapter being compatible with his vehicle, that he must pay for the return shipping to China (think $36.45), and that he was deceived into thinking that he was doing business with an online retailer in the United States. And, on top of that, the consumer faces the possibility of being charged a $25 restocking fee for the the return.

Hopefully, this post will contribute to other U.S. consumers not having to face a similar situation.
Withoout a doubt, the most conscientious report on a scam company I’ve ever read...excellent job, and thanks for the legwor!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
In the Android Auto world I think there are very few handsets that work with the very few head units that will run wireless Android Auto, so I would suspect there are very few handsets that would work with any device of this type.

It's too bad because Snapdraggon Quickcharge conflicts with data transfer so you cannot get the benefit of Quickcharge with an Android Auto connection. I'd pay a few bucks for a device that would allow that because I miss Quickcharge in our current vehicles.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I read somewhere that google pixel can work, but only them :(

Really bugs me that phone companies ate allowed to slow down phones on purpose on updates to try and convince people to buy new phones.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts