Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new battery, should i get an INTERSTATE or ive seen alot of people who say they have EXIDE ORBITALS blue top marine batteries but do they fit? im going to be running a horn 2 amps sub new head unit and speakers

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
Group 34-89 Red Top

·
Registered
183 Posts
my optima yellow top died with in 2yrs and I wasn't even that hard on it :( . IMO batteries like Optima ad Kinetic are overrated and over priced and there are few people who would even truly need a battery like them. After my Yellow top died I bought the Duralast Gold at Autozone, didn't notice any difference beside it lasted longer than 2yrs :wink:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I'm SUPER PLEASED with my Diehard Platinum. They are a little pricey (~$170) but SOOOO WORTH IT. When I go to start up my truck for the first time in 3 weeks, it starts like a champ!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Bought an Optima yellow top for my F-350 Powerstroke 5 years ago. I routinely had to replace batteries in that truck every year because starting that diesel was really hard on them. I had it for about 2 1/2 years before I sold it. Never had any problems. About the same time I bought the yellow, I bought a red top for my '99 Suburban. It was in the Suburban until this past November when I bought an '04 Yukon Denali XL. I hadn't had the Yukon 2 weeks before the factory battery started giving trouble, so I put the Optima in the Yukon. and it's still going strong. The ONLY reason I don't have one in my Colly yet is that the factory battery still works. When it goes, I'll have another Optima.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts