Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting new tires for my 05 Canyon Z71 4x4 crew cab and have decided to go to the 265/70-15 size. I've obviously heard and read alot about the Bridgestone Revos's and anyone can get a good deal on them at any Firestone with the online 15% off coupon. I got an estimate and it would cost me around $665 installed. I also like the Yokohama ATS, installed about $585. I'm worried about mileage with the Revo's, but I've heard their so much better a tire than anything else, I wonder if I should just go for it. Rarely do any off roading, maybe some muddy dirt roads or parking in mud or snow. Looking for the best tire for the money. Getting around 16mpg which is down from when the truck was new. Any suggestions.? Thanks to all.

Scott

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I've had the Yoko Geolander AT II's before and I loved them.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have dropped 4 mpg since the winter fuel changover, which was the same time I put on my REVOs. Can't say for sure which one cause my drop in mpg...at least not until the winter fuel mix has been replaced at the pumps. I don't recall ever haveing such a steep drop in mpg in past winters. I guess this summer I will know for sure.

The tires are heavier, which could cause the mpg drop. They are awesome though and I only need 4wd is the heaviest of snows. Rain, sleet, light snow are no match for the REVOs.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
BFG AT/KO FTW.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brinsmaid said:
I have dropped 4 mpg since the winter fuel changover, which was the same time I put on my REVOs. Can't say for sure which one cause my drop in mpg...at least not until the winter fuel mix has been replaced at the pumps. I don't recall ever haveing such a steep drop in mpg in past winters. I guess this summer I will know for sure.

The tires are heavier, which could cause the mpg drop. They are awesome though and I only need 4wd is the heaviest of snows. Rain, sleet, light snow are no match for the REVOs.
I didn't know there was a "winter fuel changeover". Is something added to fuel in the winter? I also was reading in some Revo reviews that while they are heavier than most tires, it only amounts to "having a 16lb bowling ball in your back seat". So the Revo's are only about 4-5 lbs heavier that a comparable all terrain tire. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have revos on mine and love it.

NOTE:
I have a recently quit firestone, and my buddy just informed me that there is a special going on for employees. Something along the lines of 50% off till march 1st. So find someone local who perhaps could help you.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I put Revos on my Canyon and my wife's Xterra. Love them! And I didn't notice any significant drop in gas mileage for either vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts