Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did this to my SLT AND IT REALLY LOOKS GREAT. There are two pieces per side about. $150 total. I also installed LED bulbs in the fogs which are also a HUGE improvement. I will look up these numbers today & post them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Where did you purchase the LED Light for the Fog lights and part number please.

QUOTE=scotty47;4550841]I did this to my SLT AND IT REALLY LOOKS GREAT. There are two pieces per side about. $150 total. I also installed LED bulbs in the fogs which are also a HUGE improvement. I will look up these numbers today & post them.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2019 zr2 v6
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Thanks Rat, I actually have those two pieces and they are just the black inner housing of the bezel, the chrome piece that sits on top is actually sold seperate... I found them online elsewhere Ill post the part numbers later
Hmmm... confusing.
The various descriptions have with or without chrome listed

·
Registered
2019 zr2 v6
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm... confusing.
The various descriptions have with or without chrome listed
In this case, it simply means that the piece accepts the chrome trim as the one without is solid and will not accept the chrome trim but I agree it is very confusing and took several days to figure it all out

·
Registered
47 Posts
In this case, it simply means that the piece accepts the chrome trim as the one without is solid and will not accept the chrome trim but I agree it is very confusing and took several days to figure it all out
Here are the part numbers for the Denali chrome fog light trim : moldings. 23248068 & 23248067
: bezels 23233938 & 23248069
The LED lights are Lasfit 5202 about $31 on eBay
Note: you need to buy all four pieces for the fog lights as the chrome bezel requires a different design black housing. My total was about $150

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys, sorry to revive this thread. I'm looking for the chrome bezel part numbers on any of these gm sites for oem parts and they all say discontinued. Is there a new revised part number for the chrome bezels or another place to buy?

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
24 Posts
I changed mine out also, but instead of using LED bulb which did nothing but wash the area 5' in front of the truck I put in all new lights I got off E-bay for $69.00
Hi, would you mind sharing where you purchased the chrome trim and bezels around the fog lights?

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
201 Posts
You can go to your dealer and have them look up the part numbers for them with the vin of a Denali. Just make sure they know to order both the bezel and the chrome trim. It will not work unless you have both pieces. Total cost should be around $150 for all the parts.

Hope this helped

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm waking up this thread in case anyone is still interested in adding the Denali chrome fog light trim to an SLT. I have the parts on order for my 2020 SLT. I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out the correct part numbers from the GM parts sites and finally went to my dealer parts guys, as suggested above. I have found that GM has a habit of superceding part numbers and wasn't sure if the two year old part numbers above were still valid. I believe I'm going to over pay at the dealer, but at least I can return them if they aren't right. The parts should be in within a week. I'll followup with current part numbers/part for those interested.
Howard

·
Registered
239 Posts
The parts finally came in this morning. When I got home I installed them to confirm everything went together properly. Here are the part numbers from the order and molded into the parts.
84214462 Chrome trim Bezel Left Side
84214463 Chrome trim Bezel Right Side
23248067 Black Bezel Left Side
23248068 Black Bezel Right Side
I accessed the back of the fog light trim by removing seven screws that hold the inner fender panel. I then folded the inner panel back and held it out of the way with a bungy cord. I had a hard time getting the first original bezel removed. Once I figured out how to get it out the second one was somewhat easier. There's probably many different ways of getting the original bezel out but I ended up inserting four screw drivers next to the top and inside tabs and wedging the screwdriver in far enough to force the bezel tab below the bumper cover surround. I then made sure the one bottom tab and two outer side tabs center latch was collapsed. This should free up the bezel and with a little push from the back or a plastic pry tool from the front the bezel came out.
Before installing the new trim, snap the chrome pieces into their respective black bezels. The new assembly snaps in fairly easily. Make sure all tabs are seated.
Hope this gives some insight to those who might want to make this modification. I think it looks pretty good. BTW, the total price for parts was $185.64. If I was sure of the right part numbers, I would have shopped price but as you can see above, two of the part numbers have changed since this thread started.
Howard

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I did the fog light trim as well and it looks great. Don't forget about the new side mouldings also available from GM. I also did stainless pillar trim and the tailgate handle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
I did the fog light trim as well and it looks great. Don't forget about the new side mouldings also available from GM. I also did stainless pillar trim and the tailgate handle.
How does it look? Do you have any photos of the whole side of your truck?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.