Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2018 ZR2 from a dealership in Washington. From what I understand, it was purchased from a Canadian dealership. The DRL cannot be turned off, and the DRL are not dim, but on full at all times.

Is there a way to convert this truck, so the DRL work the same as a US market truck?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All Chevys have DRLs so I’m not sure what you are trying to accomplish other than causing more accidents.
I want them to dim, not be on full, and have the option to turn off the DRL when not needed. I have LEDs.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I want them to dim, not be on full, and have the option to turn off the DRL when not needed. I have LEDs.
The low beams are PWM. LEDs have a capacitor so they ignore the PWM (or just buzz and flicker). Nothing wrong with the truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The low beams are PWM. LEDs have a capacitor so they ignore the PWM (or just buzz and flicker). Nothing wrong with the truck.
Okay, let me state this simply. I want to be able to turn the lights OFF when I don't want them. Are you able to help answer that question?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Okay, let me state this simply. I want to be able to turn the lights OFF when I don't want them. Are you able to help answer that question?
I can tell you 15 or so years ago you could hook up a tool and change those settings.

But no these days GM does not allow that.

As for not GM well that’s not worth doing just so you don’t have DRLs. Very expensive. Very time consuming. If it really bothers you just attach a switch with a resistor and manually switch it over.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
1,583 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 2018 ZR2 from a dealership in Washington. From what I understand, it was purchased from a Canadian dealership. The DRL cannot be turned off, and the DRL are not dim, but on full at all times.

Is there a way to convert this truck, so the DRL work the same as a US market truck?

Hi .. Take a look at these links. They will help you accomplish what you're looking to do

·
Registered
712 Posts

Unless you get a dealer to reprogram your truck to US specs, you're screwed. I honestly don't think the dealers have the capability. No one on here has been successful. Your only other option is to use relays to interrupt the power to the headlights. A Gen5Diy harness (and there is one other, can't remember the name) will accomplish this.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Actually very easy to do. Snip the wire and put a switch inline. Also install a bulb under hood--fed from the live side of the switch. BUT, what a pain in the ass this would be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts