Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Camper top?

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Smit999 
#1 ·
Found this for sale in my area. Price is listed at $295. Should I jump on it or hold off. Wanted some opinions before I do. Noticed in the photo what looks to be a crack in the front left corner. Should I be worried or just “send it”? Only other concern I have is it listed as 2016-2019 long bed. I have 2022 canyon long bed. Is their a difference in bed dimensions over the years or no problem direct fit?
Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Car

Hood Wood Bumper Flooring Vehicle door

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Window Automotive mirror

Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Communication Device Gadget Font Rectangle

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
it is a direct fit through 2022, it is up to you f you want it or not, for that price I would jump on it, if you want a white topper. Depending on the chip/damage offer then a little less. It would not bother me to save over 1,500 bucks..
No idea on the color of your truck, as nothing in your signature

about 800 bucks to paint it at a good bodyshop, they have to remove the top clear coat, fix chips then spray it...unless you know a guy

#3 ·
Beds and cabs are still the same in 2022. As for buying, if you are in the market, just go look at it. Check for major cracks, functioning windows and locks. Just remember that you are paying 20% of MSRP. If it fits the bill, I wouldn't even fix anything. Use it, then sell it when you get tired of it.

#11 ·
View attachment 430050 Came out a little worse than I thought it was going to be… no major cracks or scratches. Definitely going to need a paint job.
I was about to ask where you live lol I would have bought that in a heartbeat too...and based on your intro thread I am guessing very close to Hurlburt Field.

#12 ·
Looks good from here, A little sanding and rattle can and only those with in 5 feet will ever notice.

#17 ·
If you want to do some body work before you paint it, get some solarez. It’s used to repair surfboards and has fiberglass pieces inside. It’s UV activated so just apply to small cracks or chips in shaded area then move to the sun to begin hardening process. Should be able to sand within a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.