Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two months ago I put in an AEM Brute Force, in my hopes of boosting the MPG on my 05 3.5L Canyon. Really I haven't been impressed. Combined with a Gibson exhaust, it sounds better but its actually lost about 2 mpg. Winter gas may have something to do with this and I know I ride it a smidge harder than I used to, but I figured by now it would all balance out!

I know a lot of people complain about the design of the cold air intakes, namely the heat shield. So I was wondering if anyone had considered using something like a dynaliner along the shield to help block heat. At least in theory that would help keep the heat of the engine out a little better. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
switzxx20 said:
What issue? The rattling?

Maybe you ought to consider a support arm for the intake tube, like the K&N has. It will keep it from slapping the heatshield.
... no there's no issue with a rattle. Just tighten up the nut holding the arm in place and there's no rattle. I've read a number of people complain about the design of the heat shield and how it doesn't keep heat out. Some have said on here that the stock air box, while it brings in less air, keeps the air colder than the aftermarket CAIs. Hence, lining the side of the heatshield facing the engine with the dynaliner to insulate against more heat.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
The AEM definately does add horsepower though. I had one my last Zq8 Colorado and I noticed when I took it off to trade in the truck it was slower at the top end without the AEM, felt more sluggish without it. Never did get one for my 07 as the dealers are so picky these days I dont want to give them any reason to deny warrantee coverage other than my aftermarket shocks on the rear :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
increase hp = decrease gas mileage,

·
Registered
676 Posts
arwilson529 said:
So I was wondering if anyone had considered using something like a dynaliner along the shield to help block heat. At least in theory that would help keep the heat of the engine out a little better. Any thoughts?
yep, it's been tested in depth by Gerry, very interesting read...skimming thru it, looks like it works well...

http://coloradofans.com/forum/viewtopic ... light=wrap

·
Registered
167 Posts
Deasel said:
increase hp = decrease gas mileage,
All depends on the deiscipline in your right foot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts