Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Very much off topic but how are you liking that bumper and winch set up?
So far, I love the winch and bumper I have it looks stock but not, and its not as "HEY I HAVE STEEL BUMPER LOOKAT ME" as alot on the market seem to do even the other hidden style bumpers as well...

• Love
Reactions: HendyTendy

·
Premium Member
4,747 Posts
Leave the steps or at the worse, replace them with rock sliders. Both help protect the sides of the truck from road debris thrown up by the tires and the steps can help protect against door dings from some cars.

·
Registered
2018 ZR2 3.6L
127 Posts
I hate Red trucks.
Wheel Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Car Vehicle

·
Registered
370 Posts
I bought my red Z71 in early 2018. It was the only color the dealer had. They only had white, black or silver. it was the only red one. It looked so much better, to me, than the others parked around it. I had a '79 Dodge Lil Red Express truck back in the early 80's, so red is not a new color for me. Mine has the black bow ties and the black grille.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
117 Posts
Tom S is correct keep the steps on for door dings if nothing else. Too many people don't care and fling doors open. That's why my Bison has max protection in the rear quarters as well.

·
Registered
2016 Canyon CCSB SLT Duramax Cardinal Red
2 Posts
I use my sidesteps getting out so I don't wear the driver seat bolster out sliding out every time. I hop up in without them typically. Wife, toddler, rock kickup, pinch weld cover, and door ding protection all in favor of steps as well over here. Function over looks, imo.

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2 CCSB Duramax
1 Posts
I was not looking for a RED ZR2 but as soon as I saw it, I loved it the icing on the cake was the Duramax 2.8 so now I'm in search for the right tuner and exhaust. I have ordered the leveling kit and a set of P285 70 17 toyos, so I can't wait
This truck ride is superb especially for the setup

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
I don't find the Red to be a bad color. Blaze orange vehicles ? I dislike those.

As if the current market wasn't expensive enough... you could get it wrapped in whatever color/pattern you wanted. Or use large vinyl decals as others have suggested.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Those side steps will unbolt easy-peasy. That being said, you might not like the look of the truck without them. 2nd generation Colorados have a very noticeable pinch weld that isn't very clean looking. You can paint the pinch weld black and that hides it really well, but the running boards work for that too. In my opinion, they should've put a plastic cover onto the pinch welds at the factory, but it is what it is. As for the red, it might grow on you, but I've always been of the opinion that "acquired taste" just means you've acclimated yourself to a bad taste. At the very least, mention to the salesman that you weren't really looking for red, but that it ticks all of the other boxes. Maybe he'll discount it a little for that. Maybe not.

Reactions: MLtrucker

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been talking with a local car lot owner about finding me a 2019-2021 Colorado. He has a very nice 2019 Red Colorado on his lot but I told him I don't think I want a bright red truck. Today I noticed he had another Colorado on his lot but it too is bright RED. Beautiful trucks....and the red is growing on me but I never thought of owning a bright red truck.
The other thing is it has side steps on it. I'm pretty tall and the steps simply hit my ankles getting in the truck. I assume these side steps are bolted on and can be removed without issues?
View attachment 418811
View attachment 418810
View attachment 418809
I have had 2 red hot trucks. A 2015 and a 2021 and I still love it. The red is so shiny.
Wheel Car Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Red with tinted windows is a classic look. Go for it.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts