Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 21 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been talking with a local car lot owner about finding me a 2019-2021 Colorado. He has a very nice 2019 Red Colorado on his lot but I told him I don't think I want a bright red truck. Today I noticed he had another Colorado on his lot but it too is bright RED. Beautiful trucks....and the red is growing on me but I never thought of owning a bright red truck.
The other thing is it has side steps on it. I'm pretty tall and the steps simply hit my ankles getting in the truck. I assume these side steps are bolted on and can be removed without issues?
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
835 Posts
The other thing is it has side steps on it.
I have those side steps. I had them installed to help my mother get in. I just step in without them and they have never bothered me. I do use the side step when I hand wash the truck, to reach the roof.

I think it looks better with the steps.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Tell dealer you will make a deal. Remove steps but add pinstripe or some graphic.

He can easily add the steps on a different truck.

Reactions: Firehk

·
Registered
2016 Colorado WT
46 Posts
like @HendyTendy said the steps are easily removed. Those same steps came on my 2016 WT and I immediately removed them because of the same issue you mentioned. I have since replaced them with rock sliders off of a ZR2. Much better.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
I have those side steps. I had them installed to help my mother get in. I just step in without them and they have never bothered me. I do use the side step when I hand wash the truck, to reach the roof.

I think it looks better with the steps.
Ditto, but wife instead of mother. I don't use them but they don't interfere with me getting in once I got used to them. I think the trucks do look better with something down there, and would probably look odd if I only put them on the passenger side!

·
Registered
7,443 Posts
I have running boards and have got use to stepping over them when getting in or out, every now and then they come in handy

once you raise it up 5-6inches and put some 35's on, you will use them.. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Firehk

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Join the red side... you wont regret it!

Attachments

Reactions: azrwilkinson

·
Registered
850 Posts
Many vehicles ago, I took a red one because it was a good deal.
If inventory is constrained, it's probably temporary. You'll have to live with the truck for a long time. Get something you really want, not something you'd be just ok with.

That said, it can be a fun color, and is stunning in many situations. I'll disagree with the above on maintenance, IMO, it's medium-hard to maintain, not as hard as black, but it shows a lot. When it's kept up, it looks really, really good.

·
Registered
16whitecolly aka, the original Texas Troll IGNORED! 21 CCSB Duramax AT4 Desert Sand Metalic
65 Posts
Resale Red! Love it. Honestly, red is one of the easiest colors to maintain, right after silver.
Not in the sunny southwest. It is the fastest fading color there is. The 2021 Canyon "Red Tintcoat" is beautiful I will admit.

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
I have a dark granite red GMC now. But I have had the bright red in the past and it is the best color to take care of. Easy to touch up and does not show dirt easy.

I also had a silver gray truck and it did not show dirt but I felt like some old man driving around. Lol!

Seriously I loved my red truck and I will own a bright red again. They dud not offer in a Denali but if I had ordered the ZR2 it would have been bright red.

I kept the steps on to shield the rocks on the quarters.

1 - 21 of 35 Posts