Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get the bull rings recess, but thats not a deal breaker for me. Strength and ease of use for straps etc. Its for my 18 Zr2, shortbed with the factory sprayed liner.

Or is there another option outside the factory option that is a better stronger option.

I think the full set of bull rings is $109 on Amazon, I havent checked the deezee...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
i've had the bull rings and used them for cargo, no ragrets. I think is more of a persona choice as they both do the job well

·
Registered
732 Posts
The BullRings are super nice. I like them because they retract and sit flush when you are not using them. Not sure if I am reading it right, but, according to the descriptions on their respective websites, BullRings are rated at 1000lbs and the Dee Zee 250lbs?

Anyway, you will not regret BullRings imo...

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll have to see if one of our vendors sell the bull rings.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I have a mix of both. I put deezee’s on the side (above the wheel wells) and bullrings on the front and rear holes (by the tailgate).

Deezee’s are a lot better if you have a a large hook. The bullrings I use for bungies.

Only con I have with the bullrings is that they get stuck for me sometimes in both positions. Might be a little rust or dirt that makes them stick but sometimes i have to bang them to get them out or to go in.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The BullRings are super nice. I like them because they retract and sit flush when you are not using them. Not sure if I am reading it right, but, according to the descriptions on their respective websites, BullRings are rated at 1000lbs and the Dee Zee 250lbs?

Anyway, you will not regret BullRings imo...
I was wondering about that. I wonder if they rate them differently. Like bullring is a combined rating for a set and the deezee is individual...

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I was wondering about that. I wonder if they rate them differently. Like bullring is a combined rating for a set and the deezee is individual...
You are comparing cast aluminum ring and plate, to stainless steel ring and plate.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I would think 250 pounds ought to be enough force to bend the sheet metal of the bed just fine, no need for 1000 pounds.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Last fall a Amazon vender ran a real low price on the bullrings, like 69 bucks for a set of ten. I like how they fit.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the OEMs and they are rated at 250lbs each. According the the directions from GM, the bed walls will start to give before the rings will, so with that said having a 1,000lb rating doesn’t matter much. Just throwing that out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
968 Posts
I have the OEMs and they are rated at 250lbs each. According the the directions from GM, the bed walls will start to give before the rings will, so with that said having a 1,000lb rating doesn’t matter much. Just throwing that out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got the OEM rings as well. They are nice but I also have a few of the Gear On accessories that need these particular rings to attach the accessories properly. IMHO, If you don't plan on using any of the GM Gear On accessories that need the OEM rings then I would look for the cheapest option that fits your needs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the bullrings, set of 9. Easy to install and strong. Have had zero problems with them. Luke the retract feature but not super important to me.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am sure none of us is going to use 250lbs or 1000lbs of pressure on these rings but I liked the look of the Bull-rings so that what I ordered. I look at it like I am getting 6 for a little more than I could find the factory ones for and now that I do not plan on using the gear-on accessories I do not need the gm ones. I didn't look up the price of the dee-zee rings since others seemed to choose the Bull-rings.

·
Site Sponsor
411 Posts
I just installed a set of bull rings. Costs are comparable between the different types of tie downs, and with that being equal I definitely wanted retractable. I'm digging them so far! Definitely recommend.

Oh, and yes we sell them for those that are wondering ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have no experience with the dee-zee to compare to but I love the bull rings. As said, I think the sheet metal they get mounted into will give before they do, if properly installed.

Personally I think the retract feature is worth it when you're trying to cram gear in your bed, which I say speaking from experience, but YMMV.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just installed a set of bull rings. Costs are comparable between the different types of tie downs, and with that being equal I definitely wanted retractable. I'm digging them so far! Definitely recommend.

Oh, and yes we sell them for those that are wondering ;)
I’m going to have to search your site for them this week.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts