Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is as close to build report that you can get now - only if you know someone at the plant. This tracks the vehicle through the entire build and is an actual "birth report".

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah....not anymore. At least not when I asked. Got sent a link to the same website I posted earlier. Anyway, thank you to the other member for helping me out. Just seems like a stupid thing to charge for, especially that amount. GM makes me shake my head sometimes...
Got the same answer today.... "Due to recent changes, we are no longer able to provide this information. However, you can purchase a copy of your vehicle invoice (documentation of the vehicle cost broken out by model and factory options) by visiting GM Media Archive . We truly apologize for any inconvenience, and please let us know if you have any additional questions."

And GM keeps sending me e-mails asking what I think of their service.....

·
Registered
288 Posts
Seems to be at least 3 RPO codes missing from the list. Here they are -

069 – Driver Aggravation Package – Consists of Rushing Water Under Dash Feature and Transmission Chuggle/Shudder Device.

PWN – Checking Account Drainage Package – Consists of Quick-Disconnect Oil Cooler Lines and (diesel only) Special Metallurgical Content Wrist Pins.

MIA - Desired Features Package – Consists of Homelink, Wider Seats, BLIS, Keyless Entry, and Push-Button Start (Late Availability)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Email your VIN to [email protected] and they will send you your RPO info.

Got that from gm-trucks.com forum.
I did this on 3/14/19 and received my build list from them on 3/17/19. I must have just slipped under the wire for the policy change. Here was their response:

[FONT=&quot]That is great news that you are enjoying your new Canyon! Attached to this email is PDF of the build sheet for your 2016 Canyon SLT. Please let us know if you were able to download the PDF with no issues. Additionally, if you have any other questions, feel free to let us know.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Maybe it depends on who is answering your email ...[/FONT]

·
Registered
481 Posts
Ok folks! Update I found a email address to get the build sheet sent to you in PDF form. Found it on another forum by accident.🤓

I asked if they could send my build sheet RPO and later today got a email with my build sheet. She sent a nice email.

Here is the email: [email protected] . Make sure you send your Vin number to get you build sheet.

And I just noticed it was posted above... 🤬

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Really, Build sheets for a Colorado/Canyon...? Why? They will not be collectable why do you need a "build sheet" GM is probably wondering the same thing when you contacted them. They were never included it's either you found it, or someone at the dealer held onto it because of the type of vehicle. Like in the case of my 2001 WS6 TA, sales guy said he saved it because he knew the WS6 would one day be worthy of retaining a build sheet for.
Got the build sheet from my 2002 Trans Am, from my salesman also, along with the window sticker. Nice to have for the last year Trans Am that was built.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I did this on 3/14/19 and received my build list from them on 3/17/19. I must have just slipped under the wire for the policy change. Here was their response:

[FONT=&quot]That is great news that you are enjoying your new Canyon! Attached to this email is PDF of the build sheet for your 2016 Canyon SLT. Please let us know if you were able to download the PDF with no issues. Additionally, if you have any other questions, feel free to let us know.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Maybe it depends on who is answering your email ...[/FONT]
You are correct sir. I emailed them this email address with my vin yesterday and got the return email with the download for it today. Thanks for the info. Sorry this post was meant for trikermutha

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
For a Pontiac? lol
They don't make the car nor that type of build sheet anymore and the plant is closed. Also, it has mainly just RPOs.::chevy::

"Located in Norwood, Ohio, the Norwood Assembly Plant built General Motors cars between the years of 1923 and 1987."
Well, they do not make Pontiacs anymore, but I have the real original style build sheet for my 2002 Pontiac Trans Am. Cannot get one like that for the Colorado.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Got the build sheet from my 2002 Trans Am, from my salesman also, along with the window sticker. Nice to have for the last year Trans Am that was built.
I knew there was another reason I liked you. Same here new 2001 Black, Hurst 6 speed WS6, no traction control nanny. Salesman knew these cars would collectable and had saved the old school build sheet and window sticker for me, he winked and said thought you might like these. One of my biggest regrets was selling that car

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I have many build sheets from the +30 GM cars I've owned over the years.
So? Water under the bridge and nothing to do with today's vehicle build sheet availability.
What is this. . ."Build Sheet Wars" . . . LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Below. . . picture of my 1991 Firebird.

Well, they do not make Pontiacs anymore, but I have the real original style build sheet for my 2002 Pontiac Trans Am. Cannot get one like that for the Colorado.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
I knew there was another reason I liked you. Same here new 2001 Black, Hurst 6 speed WS6, no traction control nanny. Salesman knew these cars would collectable and had saved the old school build sheet and window sticker for me, he winked and said thought you might like these. One of my biggest regrets was selling that car
Purchased my T/A Oct. 2001, it now has 17,800 miles on it, garage kept. 6 speed.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts