Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, you have to pay to get an electronic copy of your build sheet now? I contacted customer service chat and they said they no longer had access and pointed me to a GM records website where I could order it for $50. I also emailed customer service and got the same response.

They used to be free. What crap.

Just a heads-up for anyone else out there with a 2019 (or probably after).

·
Registered
122 Posts
Apparently, you have to pay to get an electronic copy of your build sheet now? I contacted customer service chat and they said they no longer had access and pointed me to a GM records website where I could order it for $50. I also emailed customer service and got the same response.

They used to be free. What crap.

Just a heads-up for anyone else out there with a 2019 (or probably after).

I have been trying to get one for my 2019 Canyon and I keep getting the run around sending me different places that still no one can help me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
Really, Build sheets for a Colorado/Canyon...? Why? They will not be collectable why do you need a "build sheet" GM is probably wondering the same thing when you contacted them. They were never included it's either you found it, or someone at the dealer held onto it because of the type of vehicle. Like in the case of my 2001 WS6 TA, sales guy said he saved it because he knew the WS6 would one day be worthy of retaining a build sheet for.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Really, Build sheets for a Colorado/Canyon...? Why? They will not be collectable why do you need a "build sheet" GM is probably wondering the same thing when you contacted them. They were never included it's either you found it, or someone at the dealer held onto it because of the type of vehicle. Like in the case of my 2001 WS6 TA, sales guy said he saved it because he knew the WS6 would one day be worthy of retaining a build sheet for.

In my case my truck doesn’t have the RPO sticker in the glove box and I want to have the build sheet to know exactly what options are all in my truck plus I would keep it with the window sticker.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Don’t know! I am trying to figure that out too!

They using a QR code image....................................

Beginning with the 2018 model year, a QR code was added to the Certification label (Fig. 3) on all Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC models. The new QR code includes the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), RPO codes and other information that identify the content of the vehicle. In previous model years, the Service Parts Identification (SPID) label, often located in the trunk or glovebox of a vehicle, included this information.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hmm, ok. So let me get this straight: If you want to know what RPO codes you have, you've gotta scan that qr code just to see them now?

·
Registered
122 Posts
They using a QR code image....................................

Ok that is weird! Lol

What app do I need to scan that with to be able to see the codes / build sheet?

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
You should just be able to download a number of different readers off your providers app site. These are very common and will become more common.

You should be able to down load it to your phone and it will be with you so if you need to order parts etc and ask for the vin you will have it with you at all times.

If you have a flip phone well........ Ask the dealer to scan it for you.

Life is being built around smart phones and we will see more of this for better or worse.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks like I got mine even though it is still weird! Lol

IMG_3004.jpg

·
Registered
461 Posts
When I ordered my ZR2, the salesman printed the build sheet for me when I took delivery of the truck.

As suggested by @hyperv6, I’m going to scan the code on my truck and keep the information on my phone for buying parts, etc. Great idea!

·
Registered
433 Posts
When I joined the forum in early 2017 after purchasing my Colorado, there was a GM rep that posted here and offered to e-mail build sheets. He sent sheets for both my 2017 Colorado and my 2016 Equinox which shows their exact birthdates. Sadly, the rep disappeared shortly afterwards.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks like I got mine even though it is still weird! Lol

View attachment 340223

Looks to me like it's the VIN, model year, model number as the first three parameters. Not sure about the next set of numbers, but then looks like a list of the RPO codes

1 - 20 of 51 Posts