Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to install a stand alone Sirius/ XM radio that I could move between my truck and aircraft hangar. Hated the magnetic antenna and loose wire so I reserved a few hours of time and installed the antenna permanently on the roof just in front of the factory antenna. I knew it was going to be tedious and a pain in the butt to professionally run the wire up to the front of the console but in reality it was pretty straight forward and easy but just took a long time. I have a loaded extended cab SLT Canyon ordered new exactly the way I wanted it. It was surprising in that the antenna now instantly connects to the satellite inside a garage while in the past it shut down as soon as I went through the door. The o dash factory Sirius also lost the signal while interning a garage. This truck has been super quiet and nice and tight with no squeaks so far after 25K.
But what was most surprising was all of the loose fasteners I found while removing the rear seat and panels. A lot of the screws/ bolts were next to finger tight. How long before the rattles and squeaks were to start? I thought the factory used
auto torquing tools. How many other things are loose on this truck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts